Sr Software Engineer 2
About the Role:-
- Uber Eats is the fastest growing food delivery platform in the world, just over the last year we have doubled our gross bookings! Our team's work at Uber Eats directly impacts and continues to impact our communities. We help feed the Eater, and we help the merchants stay in business.
- We are hiring engineers and leaders across multiple teams in the Uber-Delivery (formerly UberEats) Hyderabad site. Some of which include:
- Merchant CRM: A green field initiative in Uber-Delivery to build the capability for Merchant to communicate with Shoppers over multiple channels (sms, email, in-app...) in personalized fashion.
- Merchant Earnings: Build the complete view of merchant's earning from Uber-Delivery over the web and mobile views. Be the 'source of truth' data for our partners(McD, Starbucks, ...) for over $8B of gross booking, every quarter.
- Merchant Fares: Handle the 3 party monetary movements between Merchant/Shopper/Courier and their bank/card/wallets in 30+ countries.Merchant Accounts & Compliance: Handle account creation, access & compliance of all the million+ merchants of Uber.
- Over the top: Build an end-to-end echo system to onboard merchants who are not partnered with Uber. Help in reducing the selection gap of the company
- Bring your own courier: Enable merchant partnerships who can handle their own courier. Manage customer, merchant & courier experiences to handle this business model
- Online Ordering (webshop): Provide unbranded web-sites/URLs to merchants and enable merchants to generate off-marketplace business for Uber
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points:-
We are looking for experienced smart engineers who are passionate about the domain and the technology. Those who have track record of ownership, execution quality and customer obsession.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- You have knowledge of a backend stack (some examples include: Java, Node.js, Python, Redis, Kafka, Golang or similar).
Ability to learn quickly on the go. We're looking for software engineers who thrive while learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions.
- You should be able to easily adapt to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly-evolving business environment.
- Bias toward action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive.
- You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while ensuring your products and platforms are built in a sustainable, responsible way--and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Passion and energy. Because you love what you do, you bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavors. You always perform at your absolute best and see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
- Unquenchable thirst for growth. You're not just looking for the next interesting challenge, but looking to push yourself to keep pace in our hyper-growth environment.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada