Staff Applied Scientist - Mobility
About the Role
The Mobility data science team at Uber uses data to improve and automate all aspects of Uber's core ridesharing products. For driver, we focus on strategic data science and economics for the driver pricing, incentives, and experience teams. For Riders, we optimize incentives, personalize the rider experience and optimize routing and matching at airports, scheduled rides and high capacity vehicles.
The candidate will have the opportunity to leverage their skills to have impact across the product lifecycle at Uber.
What You'll Do
- Create strategic insights out of Uber's vast trove of data
- Work with stakeholders to build product
- Mentor junior data scientists and economists
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience.
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, or other quantitative fields. Alternatively, a BS with 5 or more years of experience in relevant fields.
- Knowledge of underlying mathematical foundations of statistics, machine learning, optimization, economics, and analytics.
- Experience in experimental design and analysis (e.g., A/B and market-level experiments), causal inference.
- Experience in algorithm development and prototyping.
- Coding proficiency, and ability to develop statistical analysis and prototype algorithms in Python.
- Proficiency in SQL, R, Spark.
- Experience with economic and data science models.
- Advanced coding and data skills
- Advanced degree in economics, statistics, or computer science
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada