Associate Counsel, Delivery, ANZ
About the Role
Uber enables innovative mobility and delivery services around the world. You may know us best for allowing people to book a ride via the Uber platform with a touch of their smartphone. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange and you can access our services in over 900 cities worldwide, including in nine countries in Asia Pacific (APAC).
We have a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented lawyer to join our Australia & New Zealand Delivery legal team that sits within our broader APAC Legal Team. This position will be based in Sydney and will report to Sr Counsel, Delivery, ANZ.
What You'll Do:
- Be a trusted adviser to the business, and provide legal support on a wide variety of initiatives and issues for Uber's ANZ Delivery business.
- Advise on a broad range of legal, commercial, regulatory and litigious issues related to the Delivery business.
- Draft and negotiate key strategic contracts to support the growth of the ANZ Delivery business.
- Provide product counselling for our fast-moving product team that manage legal risk but allow for sustainable and continued growth.
- Advise on and manage disputes and legal proceedings across the Delivery business in various practice areas.
- Understand, interpret and apply current regulations as applicable to Uber's various business models in the region and advise on ongoing compliance.
- Advise our marketing team on award winning campaigns and initiatives.
- Work closely with our Policy, Tax, Communications, Safety and Operations teams to support regulatory engagement, strategic projects and to refine and shape business operations
- This is a hands-on role and you'll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times.
What You'll Need:
- A minimum of 4+ years post-admission experience, qualified to practice in Australia. In-house experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a category which is heavily regulated such as e-commerce, technology or delivery
- Proven track record of advising on a range of legal, commercial, regulatory and litigious issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (with a high level of emotional intelligence).
- Demonstrated effectiveness operating in complex organizational environments with strong stakeholder management skills and self-starter qualities
- Comfortable in working with shifting priorities, ambiguity and fast-paced environments.
- Self-starter and self-sufficient.
- Embody the highest standards of integrity, ethics and accountability.
- Enthusiastic about Uber and our mission!
This is not your typical in-house role; it is a dynamic, fast-paced environment and needs a candidate who is agile and able to juggle multiple projects, re-prioritize quickly to address shifting business needs, and thrive in high impact/high profile situations
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada