Senior Operations Analyst
About the Role
The Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) Core Operations team is a centralised function established to oversee, optimise and execute various operational processes previously scattered across the Mobility organisation. The team, which sits within the Driver & Marketplace vertical, plays the crucial role of ensuring that all driver-partners on the platform are compliant with ridesharing regulations and internal requirements through robust process execution.
You will be responsible for ensuring that Uber's processes are running effectively and are fully aligned with local regulations in the markets in which Uber ANZ operates, and for identifying and operationalizing ways to improve outcomes for Uber, our driver-partners, and our local regulators. This includes developing and enforcing our driver-partner access criteria in line with regulatory requirements, making sure processes are efficient and effectively executed through sound process design and assurance in addition to leading projects aimed at remediating gaps and unlocking value through amongst other things, offshoring and automation.
This role will work across many functions and teams in the APAC region, and with Uber HQ in San Francisco. The ideal candidate will have strong problem solving, project management, analytical and communication skills, as well as a love for process optimisation, design, and execution. The role will also involve overseeing and supporting junior team members based locally and offshore support functions.
What You Will Do
- Be the owner of core processes that maintain our driver-partners local regulatory compliance and seamless operations.
- Project manage, design and/ or implement new processes to meet ever-changing regulatory obligations and business needs - keeping driver-partner safety and experience front of mind.
- Manage, leverage, challenge and support junior team members based locally and the India-based automations team. This includes helping prioritise their workload, challenge their problem solving and remediation of root causes.
- Become the team's technical expert, able to challenge complex SQL queries, data analyses and quality-assure set up of critical compliance tools.
- Lead the timely and effective remediation of operational issues as they arise.
- Challenge the status quo by working with internal and external partners to identify and execute a range of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop strong working relationships with local partners such a Policy, Legal, Community Operations (support) and global subject matter specialists.
- 3+ years of experience involving complex problem solving and root cause analyses with data manipulation in addition to the designing and optimisation of processes in a high growth and fast changing environment.
- The ability to problem-solve, drive a project independently and help secure agreement from partners driven by competing interests.
- Proven analytical capabilities: The ability to seek out and analyse data to back-up sound recommendations (SQL experience preferred).
- Clear communication skills. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesise a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take-aways, and disseminate meaningful insights.
- Interest in crafting, improving and scaling new processes.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. A self-starter attitude is a must!
- Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, think boldly and creatively, communicate frequently and with high quality; then funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- A customer-centric attitude that actively considers the real-world experience of driver-partners using the Uber App in our multifaceted regulatory markets.
- Competency in SQL
- Previous people management experience
- Previous project management experience
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada