Taiwan Payments Compliance Analyst
About the Role
The Taiwan (TW) Payments Compliance Analyst, will be responsible for ensuring that we have the right systems and approaches in place to meet all our Financial Compliance requirements in Taiwan. This role will work closely with the Head of Payments Compliance in Taiwan and collaborate with many external and internal stakeholders including Operations, Business Development, Product, Finance and Legal.
The right candidate for this role should have an understanding of Taiwan financial regulatory requirements related to third party payment service provider (TPPSP) and Electronic Payment Institute (EPI) and anti-money laundering (AML) requirements, including but not limited to Know Your Customer (KYC), customer risk rating, sanction screening, transaction monitoring and suspicious activities reporting. Successful candidates for the role will have a minimum of four years experience in Compliance or AML domains within the payments, FinTech, or financial service industries.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to implement Compliance and AML processes and procedures in order to comply with Taiwan financial regulatory requirements;
- Maintain regular communication with our cross-functional stakeholders;
- Perform AML Compliance operational tasks as assigned such as KYC or transaction monitoring champions and act as the focal point of contact in the area of specialty;
- Assist with the coordination of regulatory examinations, financial partner audits, or internal business unit assessments;
- Maintain a strong understanding of regulatory requirement by keeping track of the regulatory development;
- Identify gaps in current systems, policies and procedures, and recommend enhancements and process improvements;
- Drive continuous improvement, standardization, reengineering of processes and controls and implementation of standard methodologies;
- Draft and/or review policies, procedures and other documents;
- Ad-hoc project management;
- A standout colleague, operates globally, cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization, taking ownership and demonstrating self-initiative;
- This is a new team in a fast-moving business. There will always be things coming up not on anyone's job description that you'll need to work out and address;
- Ideally 4+ years of experience with a solid understanding of Taiwan financial regulatory requirements for third party payment service provider (TPPSP) and Electronic Payment Institute (EPI) and anti-money laundering (AML) requirements, including but not limited to Know Your Customer (KYC), customer risk rating, sanction screening, transaction monitoring and suspicious activities reporting;
- Prior experience working in Compliance advisory role or as KYC/transaction monitoring champions that will be able to provide regulatory and/or KYC advice to stakeholders or will be able to investigate suspicious transactions/activities;
- Proficient English level;
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to partners;
- Proactive, process oriented and dedicated to results, able to set priorities right and committed to deadlines;
- Comfortable in handling ambiguous situations, motivated, and works well independently or with a team;
- Bachelor degree is required but it does not have to be a specific career;
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), and/or simile AML Compliance certificates obtained from designated training institute. Successful candidate will need to obtain the relevant certificate within 3 months of onboarding if the he/she does not have it already;
- Experience in working in multinational or matrix environment or interacting within multicultural team;
- Knowledge about card business and operations and prior experience of interaction with Acquirers;
- Prior project management experience;
- Proficiency in data analysis tools;
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada