About the Role
Come drive growth in a fast paced, dynamic business. Uber Eats is on a mission to make eating well effortless for everyone, everywhere. Consumers are at the centre of everything we do.
Consumer strategy and operations team is responsible for growing our consumer base, and increasing their engagement while being the advocate of the consumer internally in Uber. We serve millions of consumers every day and we work with multiple stakeholders across the business to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for our consumers.
As part of the Consumer Strategy and Operations team you will generate actionable insights by analysing market information, competitive dynamics and operational metrics, craft our strategy and priorities, and plan & execute projects to deliver on our strategy and improve customer experience.
What You Will Do
Develop and execute market intelligence and strategy: Day to day work will include a combination of 'always on' activities and strategic projects. Crafting and operationalising regular competitive performance tracking frameworks and tools to develop actionable insights. Work extensively with cross functional teams helping influence business decisions. Example of 'strategic projects' are deep dives to advise specific strategic decisions accounting for the market landscape or to assess and make recommendations on identified / hypothesised opportunities, Data analysis: Ongoing analysis and monitoring of key operational and financial metrics across the business to advise day to day operations and prioritisation. Crafting, developing, and maintaining "dashboards" that advise and influence business decisions. End-to-end ownership and management of projects and workstreams. Oversight, coordination and mentorship of junior team members. Work with external vendors and third parties to explore new ways in which we can acquire data sets to complement our suite of market performance metrics
- 5+ years of proven operational and analytical experience gained in a tech company, finance, operational management or consulting (analytics track)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business/Economics, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- A bias for data and analytics. You naturally take a scientific and highly analytical approach to everything you do with strong attention to detail and accuracy. You can action data to make decisions and are experienced with analytical / data tools:
- Excel/Google Sheets proficiency working across large data sets is essential
- SQL experience (e.g. write sophisticated queries, navigate multifaceted databases) crucial
- Experience in using data visualisation tools such as Tableau
- Strong ability to interpret data and communicate results in a structured and compelling manner to less technical audiences (e.g. leadership team, commercial POCs)
- Advanced degree in a relevant field
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including experience presenting data & insights to a sophisticated audience
- Unparalleled business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly develop strategies and make decisions
- Able to work and drive action cross-functionally and collaboratively. Very strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada