HR Business Partner, Finance
In People & Places, we handle all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. Our Human Resources and Employee Relations teams partner with the business to align people strategies with business goals.
About the Role
This role will be part of the leadership team for Uber Audit, Tax and Strategic Finance teams within Uber Finance. You will have responsibility for enabling the talent strategy and execution of HR programs. This is a high growth team, and provides a huge chance to make an impact through organizational design and leadership development. You will partner with the Finance leaders to identify and implement key initiatives to supercharge the Finance business.
You will be orchestrating across different People teams to ensure that all processes and programs are seamlessly carried out to the highest of standards and delivered with the appropriate business lens. You'll be proficient in all things HR at Uber and work closely with their business leaders to understand the business and talent needs and ensure the central People & Places teams are crafting and executing accordingly.
You are hands on - not afraid to roll up your sleeve and get stuff done - and approach your work with a people lens and a data-driven, analytical approach. You will gain a strategic understanding of the business while ensuring HR is executed with excellence today with an eye on the future, thinking about future needs and developing the talent required. This role requires you to act as a consultant to management on business issues, and a mentor to leaders and managers, ultimately equipping them to become better at managing their people. Most importantly, you are the stewards of our cultural values and are well connected to our people, providing a pulse on overall organizational health.
What You'll Do
- Be a thought partner and trusted advisor for Finance leadership
- Understand the Global business strategy and talent strategy for Finance
- Support all key people processes (performance management, compensation, benefits, development programs, recruiting, mobility, employee relations, onboarding/offboarding, etc.)
- Be the employee champion. Consult with individual contributors and Managers and provide advice on career development, team dynamics, stakeholder navigation, performance, compensation, and all other core HR themes
- Craft the appropriate strategies and ensure execution for key talent processes - talent assessments, organisational planning, leadership development and other key interventions
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risk, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed
- Constantly think about how to improve the efficiency of the organization - looking at teams, governance, external factors - and structuring initiatives to implement
- Learn how the business is structured, what the essential functions are, and translate that knowledge into identifying possible talent risks. Have a consistent pulse on employee engagement through surveys and interactions and work with leaders to build plans around employee morale
- Be as a steward of our updated cultural values and championing diversity and inclusion
- A minimum of 7+ years of relevant, professional experience
- A minimum of 7+ years of HRBP experience, ideally with revenue generating teams
- An affinity with technology and ideally experiences in a technology business
- Solid understanding of global HR programs including compensation, performance management, and leadership development
- Strong analytical capabilities or prior experience in working in analytical functions like compensation or people analytics
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters within the US
- A track record of providing HR consultation to senior leadership on critical initiatives
- Proven track record of partnering within and outside of HR
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence.
- High EQ, cultural awareness and compassion
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and utmost flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada