Head of Merchant Integrations
About the Role
The Uber Eats team is looking for a sharp, highly motivated individual to lead the POS Technical Account Management function. As the Head of Technical Account Management, you will be responsible for the strategy and execution of scaling POS integrations to unlock our most strategic partnerships in the LatAm region while managing a team of Technical Account Managers who lead the relationship with restaurants and project manage integrations end to end!
You will work closely with internal stakeholders at all levels including engineering, product, operations, sales, customer success, restaurant support, and marketing to build out robust processes to scale integrations as quickly and efficiently as possible!
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of Technical Account Managers and be responsible for the strategy and execution of scaling POS integrations - including Restaurants, New Verticals and new LOBs such as Uber Direct - in Latin America to unlock our most strategic partnerships
- Work closely with the LatAm Leadership team and Commercial teams to set and achieve POS integration targets through the TAM Team's contributions
- Partake in Merchant Partners' high level conversations
- Give to craft an ISV Partnership Strategy from a technical and operational perspective
- Be a subject matter authority in Uber's integration products - fully understand systems in their domain end to end and independently identify technical issues, recommend appropriate alternatives within the context of the customer's IT service when vital, and act as point of escalation for the team of Technical Account Managers
- Provides technical / functional leadership to Commercial teams for POS integrations
- Apply technical judgement and leadership to translate technical issues into a course of action based on priority and impact
- Champion LatAm by working with the global product team to advocate for the prioritisation of feature requests with Product and PartnerEng teams
- Maintain a vast knowledge of the latest trends, findings, and developments in the wider technical domain and act as a thought leader on strategic partnerships with vendors such as POS software providers, POS system integrators, technical consulting partners, and other 3rd-parties
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of competition, and creatively apply knowledge to gain the advantage for Uber
- C-level prioritizing and contracting convos
- Work with various Central teams such as product and engineering, as well as LATAM based regional and sub-regional Sales and Ops teams, legal, etc. to strategically prioritize to integrations that derive maximum value for our business
What You'll Need
- Proficient in English and Spanish; Portuguese a plus
- 8+ years work experience leading and implementing partner technology integrations
- 4+ years team management and customer facing experience
- Experience coding implementations; Authority in technical concepts and solutions such as API's, middleware, SDK's
- Demonstrated project and program management skills - able to balance multiple sophisticated engagements simultaneously and move them forward according to project timelines.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding team player with confirmed ability to lead through influence and vision setting
- Detail oriented with the ability to thrive in fast paced, ambiguous environments
- Willingness to travel to engage with global counter partners, U.S. core team, and sub-regional collaborators across LatAm
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to complete with only high-level direction
- Worked at a high paced, fast growing, tech startup or restaurant industry leader
- Technical program management experience at a mature company with a global team
- Engineering lifecycle experience, including testing and deploying new systems
- Commercial and/or Business Development experience - from crafting a strategy to implementing and conveying the value prop to partners
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada