Compensation Business Partner - APAC
About the Role
Uber is looking for a Compensation Business Partner to join our growing team. Our success brings us unique challenges - join us as we build innovative and creative solutions! You'll serve as a key member of the broader People Operations team and interact regularly with the People team and business leaders. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic compensation professional with a knack for getting things done. We'll need you to have both strategic and hands-on experience, as well as a mix of entrepreneurial and large, high-growth company experience. This position is a great opportunity to impact vision and direction around strategic compensation program delivery. Ideal candidate thrives in a very fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with our HRBPs to influence business leaders in compensation strategy, programs and issues while balancing business acumen, reward expertise and relationship skills
- Drive identification, assessment and execution of ongoing compensation process improvement
- Work with cross-functional teams and leadership to understand business goals and recommend/implement innovative approaches, policies and processes to effect continual improvements in compensation programs
- Assess the effectiveness of our compensation strategy for our technology and product organizations, while optimizing for employee experience
- Consult on the design and administration of global programs, processes, market analysis, annual budget planning and focal review
- Provide technical expertise and proactive guidance to supervise and maintain our competitive positioning
- Partner closely with the recruiting organization to ensure sound, compelling and attractive offers are extended to secure the vital talent to scale us to our projected growth in this challenging market
- Supervise and implement changes to ensure compliance with global pay regulations and Uber's commitment to pay equity
Develop dashboards and analytic models to provide business insights and interpret market or internal trends
What You'll need:
- 5+ years of experience in a professional, fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 3 years progressive Human Resources and compensation experience with increasing levels of responsibility in identifying, consulting, crafting, recommending, and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to clients' challenges
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- A strong background in Compensation, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics or Economics
- Previous experience working with both broad-based and sales compensation
- Strong analytical capabilities, familiarity with broader underlying concepts, and ability to communicate persuasively with business partners to resolve highly sophisticated problems and recommend or produce the best solutions for their client
- Strong planning, project management, organizational, and communication skills
- Consulting experience
- Advanced modeling skills
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada