Program Manager, Tech
About the Team
The mission of the Global Scaled Solutions (GSS) team is to transform Uber's best ideas into agile, global solutions. The team is spread out globally between the US (San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boulder), India (Hyderabad, Bangalore), Hong Kong, Singapore, and Amsterdam. The Global Scaled Solutions (GSS) is focused on delivering a range of capabilities/objectives to multiple Tech and business teams while maximizing value for Uber through solutions that are:
- Automated & Innovative
- Industry Leading
- Cross-organizational & Integrated
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We tackle big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward together.
What you'll do:
- Ideate and drive programs aimed at driving efficiencies for GSS
- Facilitate and drive high-impact initiatives to improve process quality and the customer experience
- Collaborate with key partners for prioritizing and prioritizing project activities based on the business impact and team OKRs
- Turn analyzed data into concrete deliverables for the product, support, and operational improvements
- Work with vendor teams to implement ideas and deliver continuous improvement of programs
- Work with tech leads and engineers to estimate efforts, define breakthroughs, supervise progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to project partners
- Ability to work with engineer/product/ internal teams to deliver tool/tech solutions that will drive long term improvements in operational efficiency
- Communicate plans, insights, data, and results to project partners
- Share frameworks, tools, standard methodologies that improve the delivery of projects with a focus on reusability and standardization
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and concrete conclusions
- Present findings to senior management to guide business decisions
- Track, analyze, and report data patterns and trends associated with the programs you own
What You'll Need
- Minimum 4 years of experience in program management or product management
- Experience in solving problems, both structured and ambiguous, at scale with strong attention to detail in constantly evolving business environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Ability to influence and motivate people (with both technical and non-technical individuals) across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive customer and product-focused decisions
- Self-motivated with a strong affinity for vision setting, strategic problem solving, and driving action
- Experience with process design and optimization, program management, customer support strategies, and quality assurance
- Willing to explore and learn new technologies, hybrid processes
Bonus points if you have:
- Data skills with solid understanding of SQL
- Worked at a high paced, fast-growing, scrappy tech startup.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada