Financial Reporting & Compliance Associate - LatAm
About the Role
We are seeking a Reporting Associate to join and become a major contributor to our LatAm based Reporting & Compliance Team. The successful candidate will work closely with our Tax, Tax Technology, Legal, Treasury, Accounting, and Finance Operations teams as well as external consultants to ensure local reporting compliance and accuracy for assigned entities within the region. This person will perform activities that include (but are not limited to) delivery of accurate and complete information to our compliance partners, review of monthly and quarterly tax returns, support statutory external audits and perform other ad-hoc activities including tax audit support.
What You'll Do
- Maintains a project plan and calendar for all compliance deliverables in conjunction with our global compliance partner to ensure adherence to all deadlines.
- Understands our business, operating model and processes in relation to local regulations and requirements. Works closely with our compliance partner to ensure changes to local requirements are communicated and understood.
- Works closely with the third party global compliance partner to ensure accurate and complete information is provided in a timely manner. Manages all requests for information and data to support preparation of reporting deliverables and ad-hoc requests.
- Identifies process improvements which will increase efficiency or address service levels with the compliance partner as needed.
- Actively manages budgeted versus actual compliance fees for assigned entities, communicating any anticipated changes to the respective parties.
- Has an understanding of the requirements (and changes too) US GAAP to local statutory conversion for assigned entities and prepares the monthly US GAAP to STAT adjustments entries, ensuring that they are processed in the STAT books timely.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements and management reporting - ensuring all monthly adjustments to the US GAAP ledger are reviewed by the Reporting supervisor.
- Responsible for providing explanations on periodical variance analysis of specific entities.
- Monitors status on all compliance deadlines on a daily basis and communicates any concerns and anticipated issues to the Reporting Manager, seeking to resolve wherever possible.
- Prepares for and participates in weekly compliance calls with the regional team.
- Review of statutory GL account reconciliations on a monthly/quarterly basis and preparation of direct and indirect tax US GAAP balance sheet GL account reconciliations on a quarterly basis.
- At least 4 years of proven experience in accounting and consulting
- A strong understanding of fundamental accounting concepts, principles and tax
- Team player, have ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges
- Strong interpersonal skills in English and ability to communicate key information and status to stakeholders
- Ability to interact with all departments and levels throughout our organization
- Excellent project and time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada