Sr. Counsel - Privacy & Cybersecurity
About the Role
Uber is changing the world, and we're looking for a Senior Privacy Counsel on Uber's Privacy & Cybersecurity Legal team to help us do it. This role will work closely with teams throughout Uber, including Legal, Product, Security, and Engineering, to ensure that privacy is built into our products and features, that we adhere to data protection laws globally, and that we maintain a culture of privacy within Uber!
What You'll Do:
- Advise Uber product and engineering teams, particularly those involved in Uber's delivery business, regarding data privacy and cybersecurity requirements and best practices
- Drive privacy-by-design and -default throughout Uber's product development process
- Track and research developments relating to new and pending privacy and data protection laws, including the GDPR, CCPA/CPRA, and other U.S. state laws; translate that into practical, effective advice; and lead compliance efforts relating to these laws
- Develop and drive implementation of Uber's Privacy Notices and internal data handling policies and procedures
- Negotiate privacy requirements in third-party agreements
- Build and present engaging company-wide training regarding data privacy and security requirements and standard methodologies
- Drive awareness among the Privacy and Cybersecurity team regarding cutting-edge legal and business developments, and lead team morale and collaboration efforts
- Contribute to our ongoing mission to make magic in the marketplace, and drive Uber's efforts to be a trusted steward of our user's personal data in every market where Uber operates
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state
- Minimum of eight (8) years of legal experience, including in-house.
- Minimum 3 years experience within privacy and/or cybersecurity law
- Minimum 5 years experience within privacy and/or cybersecurity law
- Knowledgeable about software development and generally tech-savvy.
- Strong knowledge regarding global privacy and data security requirements, particularly CCPA/CPRA and GDPR.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment where innovating through cutting-edge legal issues is the norm.
- Collaborative, thoughtful, passionate about your work, and good sense of humor.
- CIPP certification
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada