Marketplace Operations Analyst, UK & Ireland
Our Operations teams work where Uber's technology meets the real world. We are the local eyes on Uber's operations, and we own city-specific business outcomes and bridge our overall business strategy with local needs. We ensure complex, business-critical work is done in a high-quality way and champion the core Uber experience in our cities.
About the Role
The Marketplace team's mission is to ensure that customers in the UK and Ireland have a reliable and convenient service at all times in all places. This is a hugely challenging task that requires our brightest minds to solve complex product and operational challenges. We use data to inform everything we do: identifying and executing initiatives to improve performance and the health of the marketplace, optimising product pricing, deploying incentives and promotions, launching new product features and pricing technology. The role will focus on at least one of these areas, but you will have the opportunity to work across various projects, according to business priorities.
What You'll Do:
- Analytics - Use data analysis, business modelling, statistical techniques and experimentation to improve decision making and impact business outcomes across the UK and Ireland
- Problem Solving - You will work on projects that improve marketplace efficiency and rider experience by adjusting various system levers
- Cross-functional collaboration - Engage with a number of functions across the business - policy, communications, product, marketing, legal and customer support
- Project management and execution - You will need to plan and project manage multiple projects and have the ability to execute in a constantly changing, complex environment
- Product Launch Support - You will collaborate closely with our product teams to test and roll out new features that improve the Uber app
What You'll Need:
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in data-driven decision-making and sound business judgement through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
- Desire to work closely with product and technical teams to develop products critical to our operations
- Consistent track record of being a respected operational problem solver
- Strong project management skills - the ability to prioritise and successfully drive a project from beginning to end - no matter what
- Cross-functional Teamwork - you will partner with a range of local and regional teams including Business Development, Legal, Product, Marketing, Central Operations, Customer Experience, Regulatory Operations and Cities to launch initiatives
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and execute quickly
- Creative solutions-focused mindset, with a passion to deliver
- Resourceful, go getter - Uber is committed to constant improvement. You're excited to create value for the business and designed processes, analysis and operations that can scale
- Strong communication and organisation skills
- Understanding of statistical and experimentation methods, e.g. A/B testing
- SQL and advanced Excel or Google Sheets knowledge required
- Python knowledge preferred (and if not, must possess an aptitude to learn quickly)
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada