Senior HR Business Partner: Core Services
About the Role
The People & Places Team handles all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. Our Human Resources and Employee Relations teams partner with the business to align people strategies with business goals. Once it is safe to return to an office setting, this role will be a flexible hybrid in-office/remote model with 50% spent in our San Francisco or Chicago office. Both offices are beautiful and come with many benefits such as free lunch, snacks, gym, and a great working environment!
- The HRBP operates as a trusted advisor by building rapport and trust with senior leaders to influence key priorities of varying complexity.
- Support 3 global teams within CoreServices (Safety & Insurance, Core Services Analytics, and Customer Obsession) teams.
- Work closely with business leaders to strengthen the leadership skills through coaching and development.
- Act as a change-agent to a rapidly growing business, while providing a world class customer and employee experience across multiple regions.
- Lead sophisticated, high impact initiatives including: employee retention, talent assessment, succession planning, organizational design, compensation planning (equity, bonus, merit), and leadership development.
- Present analysis to each line of business to communicate performance trends, employee satisfaction, attrition, diversity etc.
- Partner with other functional areas of Human Resources.
- Build and implement a talent strategy for multiple lines of businesses, anticipate trends, challenges, and opportunities to ensure integration with wider People & Places mission and strategy. Identify the capabilities needed to meet the current and emerging business needs for the executives you support. Evaluate current capabilities, identify gaps, and prioritize recruiting and development activities.
- Build relationships with senior executives and establish mutual trust across the organization to ensure internal clients are confident in the advice and direction.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Design and deploy people strategy that enables business priorities.
- Consult with managers and provide guidance and coaching when appropriate
- Partner with your clients to roll out all key people processes (performance management, compensation, benefits, development programs, etc).
- Be knowledgeable about our business
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, compensation, benchmarking, etc
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Minimum 10+ years professional, related experience
- Minimum 12+ years experience as an HRBP with organizations that operate with high velocity and has a high tolerance of ambiguity
- A track record of providing HR consultation to senior leadership on strategic initiatives
- Strong understanding of HR domains including compensation, performance management, and leadership development
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters
- Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of HR
- Knowledge and experience in technology businesses and familiarity with their global HR practices and policies
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and extreme flexibility to be proactive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions
- Tenacity and the ability to build from scratch are imperative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills; analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Bachelor's degree
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada