2022 Software Engineering Intern - Vilnius
Are you a skilled software engineer who wants to take part in the fastest growing and exciting startup companies on the planet? Are you passionate about massive scalability and making our excellent technology available in international markets? Do you want to make important contributions to Uber's success? If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to talk with you.
We believe that people are of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we cultivate an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
We are seeking a sharp and tech-savvy junior engineer to support our team as we continue to grow our global footprint.
This is an opportunity to work with a stellar team on the daily functions that are at the core of Uber's engineering efforts. To accomplish your project, you should have strong analytical skills, energy and commitment to learn new things, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative and creative in your problem-solving and you constantly search for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- A great teammate. You believe that you can achieve more on a team -- that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' objective feedback for continuous improvement.
- Self-starter. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering (or a related technical area)
- Demonstrated software engineering experience through previous internships, work experience, hackathons, coding challenges, and/or publications
- Available for 6 months, starting March or July 2022
- Work authorization in Lithuania
Perks / Benefits:
- Monthly salary, housing stipend and Uber credits.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Receive mentorship from Uber engineers to guide you through your experience.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada