Sr Software Engineer - Front End - U4B
About the Role
Uber for Business(U4B) is one of the fastest-growing key business at Uber. As a senior architect on U4B platform team, you will be leading on architecting the B2B platform that supports various products (e.g., U4B, Uber Health, Vouchers, E4B, Freight, ATG), managing hundreds of millions of transactions over 300K organizations and solving high business impact yet challenging problems along with a great team. Come and join us!
_What You'll Do
- Work on Uber's most complex web applications by designing, implementing, and unit testing the frontend application code.
- Build a next gen UI using the latest technologies: React, Redux, Sass, ES2016
- Help teams with helping with defining an architecture that would scale and also encourage best practices.
- Create frameworks and abstractions that are reliable, reusable and avoid surprising outcomes.
- Goto person to get clarity of problem statements and also can breakdown into meaningful tasks.
- Promote and demonstrate problem-specific expertise in delivering results (e.g. for research engineers you apply domain knowledge and research skills.
Integrate with more than 40 upstream services while still providing users super fast response times.
What You'll Need
- 6+ years of software engineering experience focused on web development.
- Hands on experience in architecting large scale frontend applications.
- Have in-depth understanding of application performance and scalability Experience working on open-source projects, building frameworks, ui platforms at scale.
- Deep understanding of Web and Information Security concepts and concerns, such as CORS, CSP, CSRF, XSS, etc.
- An expert in debugging and profiling Browsers and Node.js, and understand ways to decrease page load speed and runtime slowdowns
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada