EHS Specialist (Taiwan + ANZ)
About the Role
- Responsible for Contact Tracing for Asia Pacific and reporting to the APAC EHS Lead
- Conduct safety inspections and document corrective action
- Identify and correct identified recognized hazards;
- Identify improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly, and monthly audits;
- Develop, implement, and promote environmental, health and safety programs
- Advise and assist the employer in complying with the local environmental, health and safety regulations; especially in the submission of the reporting requirements;
- Perform quarterly assessment of the implementation of programs in the workplace;
- Contribute to and prepare quarterly and annual reports of safety and health programs;
- Conduct site accident investigations;
- Conduct site risk and fire risk assessments;
- Conduct site health and safety inspections;
- Ensure Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs) are closed out and completed;
- Help maintain an efficient accident record system and coordinate corrective;
- Act as a business partner and guide the employer and workers in an advisory capacity on all matters pertaining to health and safety
- Provide assistance to government agencies when they conduct safety and health inspection, accident investigation, or any other related requirements;
- Ensure a zero harm philosophy and encourage near miss reporting;
- Assist in training the minimum headcount required by law per site as UBER Heroes (first aid, evacuation, fire) as needed.
- Coordinate with vendors for local support.
- Ensure Uber EHS policies are implemented across the Taiwan (80%) and ANZ (20%)
- An interest in and passion for Uber
- Must have diploma in occupational health and safety
- Minimum 3+ years EHS legal requirements and compliance standards experience in Taiwanese EHS Regulation and Law
- Having Taiwan 48 hours OSH qualification
- Basic understanding of Australia and New Zealand WHS Requirements (But not a must)
- Experience in developing and implementing Environmental Health and Safety programs, procedures, associated training, guidance documents, and job aids.
- Business partner mindset
- Autonomous and analytical
- Flexible schedule and ability to travel (locally and internationally)
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada