Strategic Operations Associate
About the role
Strategic Operations Managers are responsible for developing functional business strategies within the identity scope, such as how we collect identity information, discover new fraud patterns, and identify operational weaknesses. They balance improving or innovating processes with setting and delivering on core goals to meet business needs.
We're looking for a highly motivated individual to join our US Safety Operations Identity team. This role will work on problems across Uber's lines of business. If you love leading complex projects with multiple cross-functional partners, and solving problems from both 30,000 feet as well as deep in the details, this is the role for you! The ideal candidate will excel at solving complex problems, managing multiple workstreams, and engaging with partners to deliver on goals that impact safety outcomes. The candidate should have a strong background in managing cross-functional projects and data analytics.
What You'll Do
- Execute on business critical fraud processes, identify operational weaknesses, and help drive the team's strategy to ensure we maintain confidence in the identities of those using the platform and
- Work to continuously improve and innovate our operations including, testing new fraud detection signals and processes
- Build, maintain, communicate, and present detailed reporting on processes and key metrics
- Present models, findings and insights to senior management to drive business decisions
- Collaborate with other Operations teams, as well as policy, legal, marketing, product, and other functions, to ensure that insights inform broader critical initiatives
- This role demands strong stakeholder and project management skills, as well as the ability to both plan and complete projects of varying time horizons and scope with minimal guidance
- At least 1 year of demonstrated experience
- Data-first problem solver with excellent Excel/Google Sheets data management skills
- Bachelor degree
- 2+years of experience in strategy / consulting / business intelligence or related experience
- SQL proficiency
- Experience with data manipulation and analysis skills that lead to deep insights
- Experience with sophisticated test plan design and analysis
- Ability to use data to quickly develop strategies and make decisions
- Experience building and executing complex processes
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including experience presenting data & insights to a sophisticated audience
- Strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills, including building deep, trust-based relationships with cross-functional teams
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with a diverse set of partners in a constantly evolving, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, works well independently and possesses strong organization and time management skills
- High energy working style and optimistic attitude
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada