Operations Program Manager - Tech
We're looking for excellent teammates with natural IT intuition who can take technical excellence to a whole new level. The ServiceNow platform will enable our business through top-quality user experience and integration. In specific, this is achieved through the global deployment of our platform with the HRSD and ITSM modules. As a member of the Enterprise Apps team, you will work closely with a highly capable team of engineers, business systems analysts, and program managers.
As an Operations Program Manager - Tech, you will be working with various teams across operations and engineering.
What you'll be doing
- Work as the main point of contact for complex, multi-functional programs under the IT Operations Services Tier 2 pillar.
- Will represent multiple aspects of operations, including needs/goals/gaps in discussions.
- Will Identify business needs and design new processes/technical solutions and/or influence existing processes to solve this need.
- Team up with IT-Eng leaders and drive solutions to highly technical problems.
- Partner with leaders to implement and develop program breakthroughs plans, supervise progress, lead cross-team dependencies, mitigate risks and run cross-team communications.
- Deliver results by tactically and strategically working across functions and teams within the multiple technical domains of IT-Engineering and IT Operations, with an appropriate multi-domain technical understanding of functional areas.
- Lead your team to define analytical frameworks to optimize strategic decisions and build scalable tools and dashboards to boost efficiency and effectiveness for our teams
- important metric tracking. Establish and track creation of critical metrics on throughput, efficiency of operations
- Able to effectively find opportunities to improve thousands of customer support specialist's experience and measure the final impact of our customers
- Lead by Example: Be especially truth-seeking with data, set high standards for the team to think boldly and creatively and then funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans. Be efficient, be biased toward action.
- 6+ years of IT experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent technical experience.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Problem solving demeanor - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Being driven is a must!
- Working Audio/Video tech knowledge
- Prior experience supporting / administrating most of the following technologies:
- VMWare; Azure; MDM; Google Admin; Mac OS; Windows 7+; Windows Server; Networking (Wired\WIFI\VPN)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and handling multiple responsibilities
- Proven strong Customer Service experience
- Ability to be on site and on call
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Willing to work after hours and weekends as needed
* Experience in PowerShell; Chef; Ruby; ABM; Linux; Service Now; Git; Sensu; NSX; Cisco; juniper
- 5+ years in a help desk role supporting Apple and PC hardware and software
- Prior experience in leading multifunctional teams
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada