LATAM Indirect Tax Manager
About the Role
We're looking for someone who can learn, evaluate, and develop sophisticated processes in a fast paced environment. You must be able to work independently to spearhead new projects, while also running and improving recurring functions. A major component of this role will involve teaming with other business leaders to provide technical advice on the indirect tax impact of existing and new Uber products and services. The position will also work directly with Uber's strategic partners. A strong candidate for this position will have a consultative attitude concerning indirect taxes.
What You'll Do
- Drive indirect tax compliance with process improvements across all aspects of the global Indirect Tax function
- You will support the centralization and continuous improvement of indirect tax operations, technology implementations and upgrades,
- you will help identify and assess areas of concern in the indirect tax compliance process and assist with related remediation
- Utilizing technology solutions Oracle, Alteryx, and Tableau
- Support the implementation, documentation, maintenance of SOX compliance and procedures for indirect tax processes
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Tax, Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in public accounting, consulting, law firm and/or a high-growth company
- Solid accounting, analytical, and indirect tax/VAT research skills
- Critical thinker ready to problem solve within different areas of the operations and finance organizations
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable diving deep into technical problems independently and working through solutions with subject matter experts
- Self-driven with great attention to detail, project management and organizational skills and demonstrates meaningful ownership of tasks
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada