Senior Engineering Manager- Uber Eats, Merchant Selection
Uber Eats is home to a team of frontend, backend, mobile and machine learning engineers tasked with creating an app to fuel our three-sided marketplace of eaters, delivery-partners, and restaurants. From making it easier to discover your ideal meal to crafting dynamic UIs, our iOS and Android engineers keep the app healthy and users hungry for more.
About the Role
The Uber Eats Merchant Selection team focuses on expanding our merchant base by building out the channels we use to attract and engage potential merchants, creating a frictionless signup process, accelerating the pace at which we can onboard and activate merchants, and ensuring that merchants are successful as they start using our platform. Getting the right merchants for every eater is vital to the success of our business and this team is responsible for that key business lever.
What You'll Do
- Manage and grow the team
- Set the technical vision and direction
- Partner with multi-functional peers and other stakeholders
- Take on a leadership role across the Merchant organization
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 8 years proven experience building software across the stack (mobile, platform, data pipeline, and ML) in product engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of management building and leading a software engineering team
- Experience setting a long-term technical vision and strategy for multiple teams
- Experience growing teams and structuring engineering organizations
- Strong multi-functional and cross-organizational partner
- Strong understanding of technical architecture, system design, and problem solving skill on complex technical challenges
- Ability to dive deep into key business metrics and strategy and to help define our short- and long-term business objectives, matching them to technical goals
- Ability to challenge strong engineering leaders and partner with them to create robust solutions to complex technical problems
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada