Events Mobility - Software Engineer II - Android
About the role:
Collaborates with team members to design, develop, and maintain user interfaces and features for mobile applications (Android). Mobile Android Engineers will have the opportunity to work remotely.
- Technical Competency: Maintains and applies knowledge of mobile platforms, frameworks, and modules to design, develop, and maintain user interfaces and features for mobile applications (Android, iOS). Adopts Uber standards and learns and applies industry standards to produce mobile solutions that are balanced between cross-platform standardization and platform-specific optimization while considering technical constraints, impact on other functions (e.g., backend, product, design), and complexities of user experience. Helps define Uber technical standards for the team.
- Coding: Writes high-quality code (i.e., reliable, readable, efficient, testable), provides quality code reviews, and creates comprehensive tests and quality documentation to solve moderately complex problems. This includes knowledge of data structures, algorithms, programming and associated programming languages and frameworks, and major phases/activities of the software research and development life cycle (e.g., requirements, design, build, experiment, test, debug, deploy, monitor). Monitors, reports, and ensures resolution of technical problems according to standards and best practices.
- Design & Architecture: Works with stakeholders to understand customer and/or business requirements. Applies knowledge of software design principles and methods and evaluates trade-offs of different architectural decisions to contribute to the translation of requirements into effective design documents.
- Efficiency & Being a Force Multiplier: Creates and promotes efficiency and speed within the team by leveraging and improving existing solutions. Proactively improves the performance and efficiency of own software and systems.
- Operational Execution: Executes well-defined technical projects and solutions with drive and appropriate sense of urgency to deliver technical and business impact. Plans, organizes, and manages own tasks, resources, and timelines to accomplish work accurately and on time. Defines and diagnoses problems and determines an appropriate solution, recommendation, or decision while logically evaluating alternatives and factors (e.g., resources, costs, tradeoffs).
- Collaboration: Respects, listens to, and considers ideas/opinions of others from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Builds and maintains collaborative and trusting relationships with stakeholders within the team. Recognizes conflict or disputes among people and situations; seeks feedback and engages in open communication to resolve conflicts. Provides constructive and actionable feedback to others.
- Citizenship: Enhances the effective functioning of Uber by participating in and promoting activities and efforts that contribute to the engineering and/or people culture in the team such as onboarding and mentoring new team members. Participates in internally-focused engagements (e.g., tech talks, open source, conferences, team building).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field OR 1-year full-time Software Engineering work experience, WHICH INCLUDES 1-year total technical software engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Android Development
- Android java, or Android Kotlin
- Note the 1-year total of specialized software engineering experience may have been gained through education and full-time work experience, additional training, coursework, research, or similar (OR some combination of these). The year of specialized experience is not necessarily in addition to the years of Education & full-time work experience indicated.
- Cross-platform (Android and iOS)
For Colorado-based applicants: Please refer to this role in our careers page for more details on your total compensation and benefits package. You can get there by clicking 'apply' if you're not already on our careers site. #LI-Remote
For Colorado-based roles: The salary/hourly rate range for this role is $123,930 per year - $137,700 per year. You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award, commissions, & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada