Manager, HR Specialist
About the Role
In this role, you will be a leader on the HR Specialist team in North America and will be expected to jump in to assist and support employees yourself, using your broad knowledge of HR fundamentals and standard methodologies, and background in providing supportive and sensitive HR consultation. Candidates that excite us are passionate about constantly iterating on innovative ways to support our growing Uber family. The right person will thrive in a data-driven, collaborative environment, enjoys engaging with multiple partners, loves finding solutions to problems, and enriching the support structure for team leaders and management.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of HR Specialists who are the initial point of contact when US&C employees seek HR consultation on a wide range of topics including performance, conduct, policy interpretation, and navigating other sensitive topics - we're their first landing point
- Continuously coach, develop and grow the team. Set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively then funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans
- Provide timely and thought partnership, anchored in data and insights, regarding the volume and categorization of consultative HR queries to HRBPs and other internal people teams to influence people strategy and initiatives
- Operationalize a portfolio of regional and global projects such as acquisitions or internalization of employees; be the voice of HR processes and provide mentorship on how to navigate the associated systems and procedures
- Respond to advanced employee concerns, be available for consultations with employees, and help drive the team to procedural solutions wherever possible
- Improve existing processes and lead projects on the development of new processes to keep the People Support Team scale with Uber's growth
- Partner with ER, Legal, Payroll and other functional teams to ensure a comprehensive, holistic, employee-centric, and legally compliant approach to HR processes
- Minimum 5+ years of total professional experience for the Manager role
- People Management experience
- 8+ years of relevant HR experience; including a familiarity with HR policies, processes, and compliance
- 2+ years of experience in leading a team, coaching, mentoring, and developing employees. Experience managing a partially remote team is a plus
- Curious and analytical mentality: you center your priorities and decision making around metrics
- Broad US and Canadian HR Expertise: Understanding of various employment laws in the US & Canada and their impact on HR practices and policies
- Project Management: experience in running HR projects, can coordinate and prioritize new projects, and support the business & people teams through significant process changes
- Experience with Workday, ServiceNow and/or JIRA is a bonus, though not required
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada