Product Counsel, US Mobility Legal
About the Role
We're looking for an exceptional attorney to join our Mobility Ops & Product Counsel Team, which supports the operations and product teams responsible for the technology that powers Uber's global rides business. This is a rare opportunity for an attorney to join an innovative and exciting tech company and gain substantive, hands-on experience with business clients and external stakeholders.
Serving as a front-line attorney advising Uber's dynamic product managers, engineers, deal makers, designers, analysts, and operations specialists who develop, launch, and constantly improve the technology that powers millions of trips every day for 75 million riders and 3 million driver-partners. This role will focus on supporting Uber's ridesharing product and operations teams, which design and operationalize the technology for the Uber rider app. The role will also support Uber's Airports and Transit Teams, including overseeing Uber's contract negotiations with airports and transit agencies and advising on all day-to-day issues that arise out of these contracts.
What You'll Do
- Identify and resolve wide-ranging legal issues, including consumer protection, privacy, data security, transactional and commercial law, litigation risk, intellectual property, regulatory, licensing, and antitrust, working directly with business clients to provide on-the-ground support.
- Review products, features, and initiatives to assess legal compliance across multiple jurisdictions, from the early stages of product development through launch.
- Draft and negotiate operating agreements with public and private entity airports in highly-regulated environments and commercial partners in the travel industry related to airport innovation, products, and travel.
- Work closely with the operations, business development, policy, and product teams at Uber to provide strategic and proactive legal advice on regulatory matters, contractual terms, policy strategies, and product designs affecting Uber's operations at airports and its partnerships with transit agencies.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in the Rides-Mobility legal team and other legal teams, such as Employment, Privacy, IP, Safety, and Marketing, to provide comprehensive advice, and solve legal problems quickly for the teams you support.
- Draft terms and conditions, FAQs, legal disclaimers, and other policies governing the use of Uber products and services.
- Build and implement policies and practices to ensure consistent implementation of legal guidance and alignment on risks.
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state.
- Minimum of five (5) years of legal experience in private practice and/or in-house
- Experience analyzing and advising on a wide range of legal issues related to consumer products and/or technology platforms.
- Prior experience negotiating contracts with governmental entities preferred
- Confidence operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to perform in nimble, rapidly changing and growing environments.
- History of driving efficient and strategic use of resources, including technical groups, in-house counsel, vendors, and outside counsel.
- Strong team orientation encouraging communication and cooperation across organizations and functions.
- Inquisitiveness, along with the ability to spot issues, get to the heart of a matter, and articulate plans to address them.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated experience working with business leaders.
- Collaborative approach with both business and legal groups, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others.
- Passionate about your work and a desire to have a big impact.
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada