Strategy & Planning Associate, Uber Eats Taiwan
About the Role
The Strategy & Planning Associate partners with business leaders to provide strategic, operational and analytical guidance. Reporting to the Head of Strategy and Planning and working closely with cross functional team leaders, you will shape the strategy for the next phase of Uber Eats in Taiwan, carefully considering the stage and competitive context of our business and the different requirements across our 17 cities. With your well developed business acumen and trusted relationships across teams, you are expected to bring sophisticated insights to the table, constantly pushing our thinking to be creative and fresh, yet with appropriate levels of risk. You will help the General Manager have a clear cross-team view, understanding Taiwan's business in its entirety.
What You Will Do
- Strategic Planning: Lead half-yearly and annual planning (strategic, financial, people), which includes crafting a compelling country strategic narrative, identifying headline goals, and partnering with cross functional teams to determine corresponding OKRs in an integrated and cohesive manner. Partner with the Operations team on go-to-market strategy for new businesses or products as needed.
- Governance & Performance Management: Maintain a lean, effective operating cadence for accountability and decision making, allowing the team to remain nimble and dynamic while setting up the business to outperform plans. Partner closely with Strategic Finance for P&L oversight, promptly calling out opportunity and risk areas to the GM for decision making.
- Analytics & Insights: Acquire deep understanding of the operational aspects of our marketplace and generate strategic insights that surface growth opportunities in both the core business as well as new verticals.
- Industry & Competition: Partner with the Regional Strategy and Planning team to provide competitive insights and innovate on competitive strategy.
- Org & Enablement: Partner with the GM to create the right organization structure to enable effective strategy execution.
What You Will Need
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in finance, strategy, consulting, investment banking or similar analytical roles.
- Strong commercial and operational acumen as well as critical problem solving skills.
- Ability to build strong cross functional relationships.
- MBA, BA, or BS from top university
- Project and change management experience.
- Team leadership and development experience.
- Advanced Excel (Google sheet) modeling
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada