Safety Operations Manager - US&C Screenings
About the Role
We are searching for an analytically minded, highly motivated individual to join our Safety Operations team! This team focuses on the safety landscape in the United States and Canada, covering both on-trip safety and platform access safety for the Mobility and Delivery businesses.
In this role you will need to have a firm foundation in data analysis, proven ability to translate the "what" into the "so what", and a passion for eliminating root causes that lead to safety incidents and poor user experiences on the platform. You will work closely with safety and business partners to identify root causes to safety trends, measure the success of controls we have in place to mitigate risk on the platform, and develop strategic business recommendations to address gaps in our safety processes and concerning trends. You will have autonomy to find opportunity areas and independently work with product and data teams to craft strategic ways to mitigate risk on the Platform. Your work will ultimately cultivate safer user experiences on the platform!
What You'll Do
- Scope and lead central initiatives focused on advancing safety and creating a best-in-class Screenings program while responding to the constantly evolving safety environment in the US&C
- Use a data focused approach to identify, understand, and measure the biggest risks on the platform, their safety controls, and the efficacy of controls
- Become a subject matter expert on access safety processes to improve operations monitoring and drive meaningful improvements in the earner onboarding experience
- Partner with key stakeholders on cross-functional initiatives to support company growth initiatives while maintaining a high-bar for safety standards
- At least 1 year of demonstrated experience
- Data-first problem solver with excellent Excel/Google Sheets data management skills
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+years of experience in strategy / consulting / business intelligence or related experience
- SQL proficiency
- Experience with data manipulation and analysis skills that lead to deep insights
- Experience with sophisticated test plan design and analysis
- Ability to use data to quickly develop strategies and make decisions
- Experience building and executing complex processes
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including experience presenting data & insights to a sophisticated audience
- Strong collaboration and partner management skills, including building deep, trust-based relationships with cross-functional teams
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders in a constantly evolving, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, works well independently and possesses strong organization and time management skills
- High energy working style and optimistic attitude
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada