Senior Software Engineer II (ML) - Uber Eats
About the role:
Engages with stakeholders across teams to lead the design, development, optimization, and productionization of machine learning (ML) or ML-based solutions and systems that are used to solve highly complex or vaguely defined problems. This role also leads efforts across teams to leverage and improve ML infrastructure for model development, training, deployment needs and scaling ML systems.
About the Team:
Founded in August 2014, Uber Eats has become the largest food delivery app globally, and is the fastest growing food delivery platform in the world. We have doubled our gross bookings in just over the last year!
Our team's work at Uber Eats directly impacts and continues to impact our communities. Uber Eats core teams are Restaurants, Couriers, Eaters, & Marketplace which support the exciting technical challenges of a 3-sided market. Uber's world-class engineers are empowered to push the envelope in scalability, distributed systems, mobile development, machine learning/personalization/recommendation systems, & development for drone delivery.
Come join us in our to be part of a thriving culture, while solving exciting problems at scale.
- PhD or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field AND 2-years full-time Software Engineering work experience OR 5-years full-time Software Engineering work experience, WHICH INCLUDES 3-years total technical software engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Programming language (e.g. C, C++, Java, Python, or Go)
- Large-scale training using data structures and algorithms
- Modern machine learning algorithms (e.g., tree-based techniques, supervised, deep, or probabilistic learning)
- Machine Learning Software such as Tensorflow/Pytorch, Caffe, Scikit-Learn, or Spark MLLib
- Note the 3-years total of specialized software engineering experience may have been gained through education and full-time work experience, additional training, coursework, research, or similar (OR some combination of these). The years of specialized experience are not necessarily in addition to the years of Education & full-time work experience indicated.
- Deep Learning
- Scalable ML architecture
- Feature management
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada