Vice President, Head of Total Rewards
About the Role
As the VP, Head of Total Rewards, you will be responsible to own an organization of approximately 50 dedicated and motivated Total Rewards experts around the globe. You will lead all aspects of total rewards including compensation, benefits, and equity. As a member of the People Leadership Team, reporting to the Chief People Officer you will be a trusted partner and advisor within the People Org and into the business. You will provide thought leadership to the team by being accountable for the design, development, enablement, and implementation of the Total Rewards strategy with a laser focus on (internal) customer happiness and market competitiveness.
What You'll Do
- Provide strategic direction to the Total Rewards function to effectively evaluate, design, propose, implement, and communicate compensation and benefits strategy, programs, policies, and initiatives that competitively position Uber to attract, retain and empower talent.
- Responsible for management of all activities, results, and resources within Global TR
- Accountable for all compensation, benefits, equity, and recognition offerings at Uber across the globe (Design, Implementation, Monitoring)
- Partner with Business Leaders and the Compensation Committee to define and implement a compelling total rewards strategy which will ensure attracting and retaining top talent for Uber
- Co-own "drive high-performance culture workstream" within Uber's people strategy by providing world-class Total Rewards solutions that shall attract, motivate and retain the best Tech Talent in the market
- Forecast, handle and report on ongoing share utilization and stock compensation
What You'll Need
- 15+ years of HR and/or Total Rewards experience with at least 5 years in Total Rewards leadership roles
- 10+ years of people management experience
- Experience building, leading and working with teams supporting a global business across multiple geographies and cultures
- Experience with a global distributed workforce and exposure to best-in-class HR from other public companies of similar size and stage of transformation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence at the highest levels
- Demonstrated leadership presence, with a proven track record to influence key senior leaders
- Adept at working at the BOD level supporting the Chief People Officer with the BOD and Compensation Committee
- A deep understanding of the current market including staying ahead of industry-standard methodologies and future trends of both comp and benefits across the globe and with our competitors
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems such as Workday, Workday Advanced Comp
- Technology industry with a mix of start-up and large publicly traded companies
- Inspirational Executive Leader with an entrepreneurial mindset, innovative thinking, and world-class execution capabilities
- Strategic problem solver with a can-do attitude
About the Team
In People & Places, we handle all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. In Global Rewards, we build and drive employee rewards programs globally, like benefits and compensation. Global Rewards has four teams focused on Benefits, Compensation, Executive Compensation, and Stock Admin.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada