Sr Design Manager, Maps
Our Design teams are focused not just on the functional, but also on joy and delight. Our work ignites opportunity and changes the way the world moves, and we design for users around the world of all backgrounds and abilities.
About the Role
Uber Maps is seeking a Design Manager to lead a group of researchers, designers, and writers supporting Maps Experiences across our applications and services. Beneath our apps is an internationally diverse world of cities, transportation logistics, market making, and interactions among spenders and earners.
What you'll do
- You'll collaborate with design leads and cross-functional partners to help craft the vision and strategies behind some of the most important and exciting initiatives in the company.
- Set the bar high by knowing what quality looks like and how to help product teams ship at that quality with minimal impact on velocity.
- Drive standard methodologies in overall experiences and product design -- way beyond the visual.
- Help designers and researchers become the collaborative glue that encourages product management and engineering while also developing their strengths at envisioning what could be.
- You will be working with the design team, who will be remote now but mainly located across San Francisco and Seattle while helping them deliver inquisitive products and grow as creative professionals.
- You should feel comfortable changing elevations quickly, from high-level critical thinking to evaluating research, interaction, and visual design execution.
- 5+ years of product design experience
- 2+ years of management experience
What you'll need
- Ability to mentor designers, researchers, and writers to bring out their best work
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research crafted to improve the user experience of smartphone apps
- Previous experience driving research programs that have had a lasting impact on product and design decisions
- Experience in remaining organized and strategically scaling the way your teamwork
- Experience in taking products from concept stages to launch.
- Proven problem-solving experience
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada