Global Safety Documentation Specialist
About the Role
The Safety Operation team's mission is to make Uber the safest platform for mobility and delivery and to support the safe and sustainable growth of the business. You will join the Global Safety Operations team and be accountable for the creation and management of key safety documentation. These documents are critical to the success of our safety programs, processes, and controls. They must be vigilantly managed for version control, tracking, and relevance. More importantly, the documentation lead will provide a harmonious voice across these safety assets and strike a chord with senior audiences across the company.
This is the ideal role for someone who is attentive to detail and loves to influence cultural change through the art of writing. This is where creativity meets leadership and influence head on.
This role calls for a combination of program management, organization, and extreme attention to detail! You appreciate structure and have experience building frameworks that are long lasting. You value storytelling, innovation and creative thinking that's required to develop outside the box solutions and you have the emotional intelligence required to lead a fast-paced business and inspire a team of people. You should be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, love solving problems, thrive in a hyper-growth culture, and above all be passionate about the safety of people and the cities in which we operate.
What You'll Do
- Plan and Organize: Understand where safety documentation lives today and where the largest weaknesses exist. Conduct partner interviews to assess business needs and asks.
- Research and Design: Learn how other industries and companies have excelled at this and design a solution that best serves the needs of Uber
- Build Internal Relationships: Work with partners across mobility and delivery to deepen business expertise and to effectively represent and bring forward Safety programs and products
- Improve Structural Foundation: Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve measurable impact to safety governance and documentation objectives such as change management, version control, and access management.
- Educate and Scale: Educate internal partners on the criticality of safety documentation and scale to ensure global adoption of the program you design.
- Lead by example: Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, set a high bar for the team to think ambitiously and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans, move fast and help evolve us into a more mature safety culture
- 4+ years of related experience
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or equivalent.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to express complex issues using clear language and able to prioritize while managing multiple priorities.
- Strong storytelling skills and able to distill interesting and hard-to-find insights into a compelling, concise narrative
- Strong organization and attention to detail
- Ability to challenge the norm and inspire change
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and cultivate a cohesive and creative work environment
- Acute attention to detail and can connect dots to larger objectives or problem statements.
- Experience implementing a policy management system or other ERP
- Ability to implement change management controls
- Comfortable influencing discussions at the highest levels and a demonstrated ability to find common ground and align cross functional partners and teams with conflicting agendas
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain relationships with partners coming from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Strong decision-making skills and critical-thinking
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada