Senior Intercompany Accountant
About the Role
We are looking to hire a Senior Accountant on the Global Intercompany Team to work on a multitude of projects and streamline processes. You will pivot between being a subject matter expert as well as a project manager for multiple entity structuring, the overlapping intercompany and revenue area, mergers & acquisitions, product launches and onshoring. You will be running point on change management aspects of automation in the revenue and intercompany functional area. Working well in a dynamic environment, being able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently, prioritize and (help) deliver on tasks at hand is a must.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to Month end Close by reviewing transactional intercompany system output as a basis for the intercompany balance settlement process.
- Provide insights to payment processing funds flows, intercompany relationships and revenue systems and ultimately how this impacts Cash management decision making and Transfer Pricing
- Coordinate between various business teams, identify deliverables and stakeholders needed to launch complex mergers & acquisitions, product launches and onshoring structures.
- Standardize change management requests, initiate ticket tracking, review gaps and submit intercompany system accounting requirements and review/help perform user acceptance testing.
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing the transactional intercompany subledger
- Monitoring balance sheet accounts for reasonableness (flux analysis) in conjunction with business changes
- Prepare intercompany journal entries related to projects
- Manage "offshore" outsourced GBS/accounting support teams where needed
Perform monthly account reconciliations
5+ year of professional experience in accounting
- 5 years working experience knowledge of accounting practices related to business partnering, problem solving and prioritization skills
- A strong understanding of fundamental accounting concepts, principles and tax and reporting processes and requirements in a multi-currency international environment
- In depth knowledge of payment and collection intercompany accounting is a big plus
- Work experience in project management is a big plus
- Individual should work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience in system implementation or upgrades
- Hands on Oracle R12 and Hyperion Financial Management experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to stakeholders
- Possess excellent analytical skills (MS Excel and SQL)
- Preferred Big 4 audit experience with multinational engagements
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada