Merchant Operations Lead - Enterprise Solutions
About the Role
The Enterprise Solutions (ES) team partners closely with the US&C Enterprise Commercial team to drive additional value to our enterprise partners by optimizing operations and driving improvements to topline.
The Enterprise Solutions team identifies the biggest opportunities to drive incremental impact to the business in our enterprise portfolio and works closely with partner managers and our merchant partners to drive this change with pilots, playbooks, and tooling. The team splits its time between proactive focus areas and responsive programs as opportunities emerge throughout the half.
The Enterprise Team is unique in its ability to have impact on a large scale while also getting direct exposure to senior executives from some of our most important partners; an exciting mix of customer-centricity and impact! The keys to success for the Enterprise Solutions Lead are:
- Strategic Thinking - As the senior Strategic Ops partner for the enterprise team, you will be responsible for figuring out how best to drive forward the business objectives in collaboration with our Enterprise Partner Managers. You'll need strong strategic thinking to be able to coach your team through opportunity identification and provide thought partnership to senior leaders including the Director of Enterprise in how we approach the portfolio.
- Vision Setting - In addition to driving value today, you'll be responsible for driving the longer-term vision for how the collaboration model between our Enterprise ops and commercial teams should evolve to deliver maximum value to the business. You'll be expected to socialize your vision and gather buy-in with senior leaders across the US&C LT, giving you exposure to some of the business' biggest problems.
- Team Leadership - You will be responsible for developing and leading a team of five Strategic Ops Managers. In addition to fostering a high-performing culture and helping to develop their hard and soft skills, you will have to thoughtfully prioritize the team's time to ensure we're driving the optimal value for the business.
- Stakeholder Management - You will need strong stakeholder management skills to ensure a collaborative relationship with our enterprise teams. Our clients have strong opinions on how they want to operate and it requires thoughtful stakeholder management skills to find the right balance of give and take to find win-win-win solutions for our partners, commercial, and ops teams.
Additionally, data-driven and impact-focused individuals will have a higher chance of success in this role. By that we mean you use data to guide your decision making process, and you focus on driving impact from the business. Projects are outputs, results are outcomes.
We don't expect you to have all of those skills - after all every new applicant should have growth areas! But the most successful candidates will have strengths in the areas that matter most, and any gaps should be among the areas they're most interested in developing in their next role
What You'll Do
- Build, inspire and lead a team of operations managers focused on making our top merchant partners successful on our platform. Motivate the team to achieve higher levels of business impact
- Effectively navigate a matrixed environment and collaborate with Product, Customer Support, Operations teams, Marketing and local territory teams
- Build relationships with C-level executives and key decision makers within partner organizations
- Drive analytical frameworks to optimize strategic decisions and build scalable tools and dashboards to assess impact and improve decision making
- Develop, optimize and execute a principled approach to manage each partner's performance on the Uber Eats platform and drive business strategies
- 6+ years of experience in related field, including banking, consulting, technology, analytics, operations, and strategy
We would like to emphasize that these qualifications are preferred - while each of these qualifications will definitely give you an advantage in the job, it is not expected that candidates will have all of them. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out
- Minimum of 6 years of professional work experience; high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as stakeholder management and project management
- Superior team leadership skills and people management experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop team members effectively, set team goals, guide people to their highest levels of performance, and through challenging situations
- Entrepreneurial spirit, bias for action and comfort with ambiguity
- Skilled at balancing between short-term needs and long-term investments
- Strong problem-solving mindset with the ability to turn ambiguous problems into well-defined solutions
- Strong Excel / Tableau / data management skills - SQL proficiency and/or ability to pick it up highly preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada