Finance Lead - Uber Payments UK
About the Role
The Finance Lead is the end to end owner of the finance function at Uber Payments UK (UPUK). Reporting to the Director Operations and Finance, as the Finance Lead you act as their key sparring partner, with the direct ability to impact the success and the trajectory of the business through your work. You will be in a unique position, which will enable you to connect the dots across various dimensions of the business, generating insights others might not be able to make.
While most finance and operations activities are outsourced to the Uber organisation, your role will be to manage this relationship, as well as the support provided, to ensure Service Level Agreements are met. The UPUK finance lead will work closely with the Uber Payments BV (UPBV) finance team based in the Netherlands.
What You'll Do
- Take end to end responsibility for all finance and accounting activities of UPUK
- Create synergies between the UPBV and UPUK teams
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of financial regulatory requirements and frameworks and subsequently manage and deliver all reporting activities including management, regulatory and financial reporting
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of all payment operations, treasury activities and associated reconciliation controls
- Safeguard funds held in custodian bank accounts to ensure that there is always sufficient liquidity to meet all payment obligations
- Coordinate and manage both Internal and External audit review processes
- Represent UPUK as the finance lead for cross functional initiatives within the company, on projects and for new products; assess, document and develop local requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement, standardization and reengineering of processes, policies and controls and implement best practices
- Maintain healthy relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that financial services are delivered at the required performance levels
- Be an exemplary team player, who operates globally, crossfunctionally and at all levels of the organization, taking ownership and demonstrating self-initiative
What You'll Need
- CPA/CA/ACCA/equivalent qualification preferred 6+ years of professional experience at a senior level in finance roles, with experience in managing people
- Proactive, able to set priorities right and committed to objectives and results
- A self-starter and subject matter expert and be the "go-to" person for all finance-related matters
- The ability to dive deep into the data and perform basic accounting tasks where required. While you are the Finance Lead, the payments team is small and each person is expected to lean in.
- The ability to handle large volumes of data (generated from SQL queries), create pivot tables to assess the quality of the data and draw conclusions
- A good eye for detail, with the ability to drill down when necessary whilst maintaining a helicopter view
- Excellent project management skills and ability to drive projects on an international level
- A collaborative team player, who comfortably operates globally, cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to communicate key information and status to stakeholders
- Comfortable in managing through ambiguous situations, works well independently or within a group
- Flexible and adaptable working style and attitude
- Bonus points for experience in regulated financial services or payments
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada