Senior Strategy & Planning Associate, Uber Eats - UK&I
About The Role
Uber Eats' UK & Ireland Strategy & Planning (S&P) team works closely with the General Manager to set the vision and direction for the region and empowers our central and territory teams through insights, analysis, and thought leadership.
Uber Eats is hiring for a Sr S&P Associate. We are looking for someone with a strategic mindset who can use data to derive insights that can shape our strategy and decision-making in a fast-growth environment. You should be able to switch between long-term strategic initiatives one moment and pivot into rapid, tactical actions the next.
This role calls for a combination of critical and strategic thinking, proactivity to challenge the status quo and stakeholder management. You should be comfortable in an evolving and fast-paced environment, love solving problems and be passionate about food.
This person will work alongside an Associate whose primary focus is on the Business Planning and Reporting responsibilities that the team owns.
What you will do:
- Set the vision: Develop the strategy and priorities for the UKI Eats business and contribute to shaping the regional and global Eats plans.
- Be a valued thought partner: Work closely with the leadership team and cross-functionally to ensure that our strategy translates into action.
Influence key business decisions: investigate business challenges or opportunities, identify issues and deliver data-focused recommendations.
What you will need:
- Degree in Business/Economics, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics).
- 5+ years of experience gained in consulting and/or strategy, either in a top-tier consultancy, tech company, retailer or marketplace.
- Very strong strategic thinker and logical problem-solver.
- A bias for data. You naturally take a scientific and highly analytical approach to everything you do with strong attention to detail and accuracy. You know how to use data to make decisions and are experienced with analytical tools:
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets proficiency working across large data sets
- SQL experience a plus - this will be required in your day-to-day role, but Uber offers a training
- High proficiency interpreting data and communicating results in a structured and compelling output, e.g., C-suite ready slide decks.
- Able to work cross-functionally, with excellent stakeholder management and communication skills. Proven experience influencing decision-making at a senior level is required.
- Positive and team-orientated "can-do" approach.
Inventive and innovative mindset. Comfortable venturing into unknown territory and learning new things/technologies in order to find solutions.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada