Community Support Representative
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners--our community--is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way!
Community Support Representatives are all about helping and educating both riders and drivers. We help people resolve their issues and turn unhappy users into our strongest evangelists. The right candidate is always looking for unique and exciting ways to solve problems with exceptional support and exceptional communication, ensuring that problems are resolved promptly while developing trustworthy relationships with our community.
Who you are
Incredibly empathetic and understanding of both riders and driver partners alike. You will be a powerful advocate for Uber's users and are obsessed with the community experience.
Cool and calm under pressure. You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
Word-savvy. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're explaining a new policy to riders or drivers, explaining the importance of certain complicated metrics, or responding to support issues over email.
You love Uber. You are driven by helping others and being on the front-lines of a highly visible, fast-growing brand.
You can move quickly with care. You embrace change and can absorb new information with ease.
What you'll do
- Deliver high-quality service across multiple support platforms (email, chat, phone).
- Be a passionate advocate for riders and drivers while answering any questions that come your way.
- Show empathy to frustrated riders and drivers while solving problems and addressing unsatisfactory experiences.
- Build loyalty among new users and get our early adopters to fall in love with Uber all over again.
- Triage issues and escalate them when necessary.
- Excellent English both spoken and written.
- High proficiency using computers (typing, quickly navigating between various tools).
- Exceptional reading comprehension and writing skills. Must be able to connect what users are asking for with answers to their true issues.
- Passion for helping others and creating support experiences that exceed users' expectations.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and find speedy resolutions.
- Skilled at handling multiple issues at once to efficiently solve a large number of inquiries.
- Must work well in a team environment, contributing to a synergistic work environment where people learn from one another and continuously improve processes on behalf of users.
- Work time will be shift based totalling 40 hours per week.
- Weekend and weekly evening shifts are required.
- You're an Uber evangelist -- you care deeply about the product and getting others excited to ride and partner with Uber!
- Bachelor's degree or college experience preferred.
- Support experience in a high-volume environment, including service industries, retail, hospitality or other support environments.
- Daily meals, snacks and drinks provided.
- Health Insurance.
- Wellness benefit & bike to work scheme.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built.
- We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada