Senior Strategy and Operations Manager, Northern Europe
About the Role
Our Operations teams work where Uber's technology meets the real world. We are the local eyes on Uber's operations teams, and we own city-specific business outcomes and bridge our overall business strategy with local needs. We ensure complex, business-critical work is done in a high-quality way and champion the core Uber experience in our cities.
The team's mission is to use data and operational levers to ensure that drivers in Northern Europe have the best possible experience joining Uber and driving with Uber. This is a complex task that requires tackling operational and product challenges. You'll use analytical and operational knowledge to improve decision making and impact business outcomes, working on projects that could span across an array of topics ranging from driver acquisition/engagement, driver experience and product feature launches.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the driver experience (e.g. engagement, churn prevention, structure etc.)
- Works on continuously improving the driver experience
- Leads the thinking on the Future of Flexible Work
- In addition, you will also contribute on an ad-hoc basis to the other dimensions of Operations (e.g., for a specific project)
- Project management and execution - Plan and project manage multiple projects and have the ability to execute in a constantly changing, complex environment
- Data Analyses - Use data to improve decision making and impact business outcomes across Northern Europe
- Problem Solving - Solve business challenges by identifying the root cause and implementing effective solutions
- Cross-functional collaboration and stakeholder management - Engage with a number of functions across the business - policy, communications, product, marketing, legal and customer support and, in some cases, manage external stakeholders
- Product - Collaborate closely with our product teams to test and roll out new features or products that improve the Uber app
What You'll need:
- Min 4 years of demonstrated experience in data-driven decision-making and sound business judgement through strong analytical thinking and experimentation.
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Strong project management skills - the ability to prioritise and successfully drive a project from beginning to end - no matter what
- Consistent track record of being a respected operational problem solver
- Cross-functional teamwork - you will partner with a range of local and regional teams including Business Development, Legal, Product, Marketing, Central Operations, Customer Experience, Regulatory Operations and Cities to launch initiatives
- Desire to work with product and technical teams to develop products critical to our operations
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and implement quickly
- Resourceful, go getter - Uber is committed to constant improvement. You're excited to create value for the business and designed processes, analysis and operations that can scale
- Strong communication and organisation skills
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
- SQL knowledge preferred (and if not, must be willing to learn it as this will quickly form part of your day-to-day)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We seek big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. Should you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together!
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada