Strategic Finance Associate - Freight Sales Finance
About the Role
We are looking for a finance Associate to join our Sales Finance team for Uber Freight. Uber Freight is a fast growing business and you would be partnering closely with the Sales and Sales Ops leadership for Uber Freight on key strategic decisions that drive shipper selection on our platform
If you're ready to go deep, working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the finance skills, experience, and passion - read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do
- Business partnerships - work closely with Sales leaders to develop financial sales forecasts and operational goals, apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making
- P&L planning - you will be the primary point of contact for all global sales finance initiatives (including building the P&L for shipper segments, crafting the forecasting process, goal setting, and modeling support)
- Sales Compensation - Drive thought leadership to evaluate and drive the sales compensation philosophy for Uber Freight
- Sophisticated financial modeling - build models from scratch, improve existing models, break complex models down into components that consolidate - you can do it all
- Analyze variances between actuals, forecast, and plan - use insights to iterate on forecasts and create action
- Think strategically and then implement - the models we build aid in decision making and strategy - we operationalize our insights
- Help us scale / transition from startup to enterprise - Part of this is maturing our planning processes, part is ensuring finance standard methodologies spread through the organization
- Special projects and deal support - new initiatives always come up, as strengths emerge you will have the chance to chip in beyond traditional FP&A
- Innovate - we will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1.5+ years of experience with Corporate Finance / Sales Finance / FP&A / Investment Banking / Consulting
- TM1 and/or SQL experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and relationship building skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people
- Excellent analytical skills / Microsoft Excel savvy
- Ability to juggle- we are consistently working on multiple projects at any given time, so we are looking for someone who has the capability to successfully multitask
- Standout colleague - this is a highly collaborative and encouraging team environment
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada