Program Manager, Integrated Security Advancements and Threat Mitigation
About the Role
As Program Manager for Security Advancements and Threat Mitigation team, you'll play a key role on our global team and work with leadership to support the planning, development, and deliverables within central programs focusing on innovation and reliability and threat mitigation. In this position, you will craft, prioritize, and implement strategies that support the team.
This role is for a structured strategic problem solver who is customer-obsessed, consistently looks for ways to improve the status quo to deliver higher impact solutions, can work cross-functionally, and is able to lead through influence. Your scope will include planning successful execution of current processes and future requirements, being able to recommend and implement improvements, and finding operational gaps which need immediate fixing to provide improved efficiencies and security effectiveness. This role will be instrumental in driving our security team forward and navigating change management across Global Security. You'll also work alongside senior leadership to develop and implement a clear communication cadence and strategy, drive impactful storytelling that empowers and motivates our teams and support leadership on setting and selling the vision.
What You'll Do
- Design and implement new insights, policies, solutions, adjudicating processes
- Anticipate and mitigate issues that can impact our employees and operations.
- Work in close collaboration with our regional and global teams to ensure synergy and collaborative approach is taken to all organizational strategies.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with regional leaders to ensure alignment, understanding and engagement.
- Develop efficient and evidence-based metric system for measuring processes and results---to include, OKR framework, collection, and systematization.
- Lead by example through setting high standards for the team to think ambitiously and creatively and then funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans. Be efficient, and improve action
- Build high impact materials, tailored to relevant audiences, in order to engage audiences with exciting and well crafted visuals, build buy-in and synthesize sophisticated problems with non-verbal communication
- Define strategic narratives that support change and bring them to life for employees through creative communications activities.
- Develop and analyze engagement feedback, identify areas of opportunities and develop/implement strategies to increase efficiencies, boost morale, ensure clear communication and narrative.
- Evaluate and assess the programs' strengths and weaknesses
- Support cross-team collaboration areas and program development efforts
- Assist in managing Global Security deliverables established in the Threat Incident Management Environment (TIME)
- Lead internal communications - building the processes to better orchestrate deliverables and transparency
- Support formalization of internal and external SOP process for consistent structure, updates, revisions, and collaboration opportunities; and acceleration of future SOP to support regional operations
- Assist in developing processes for evidence-based feedback and metrics to routinely assess our vendors and determine value
- Tell the Uber story in creative, inspiring ways, building our sense of purpose and educating employees on our products and services.
- Minimum 5+years of proven experience working in program management and/or communications
- Minimum 8+ years total professional experience
- Experience in handling sophisticated internal programs and communications in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to handle and translate sophisticated business issues into compelling and clear program and project plans and messages
- Strong ability to persuade, influence and respond to senior leaders and business partners; you are a confident and fact-based advisor to senior management who can balance multiple strategic directions and priorities
- High-quality organizational, planning, writing, presentation, and delivery skills; Ability to schedule and manage multiple competing tasks effectively
- Be culturally and politically sensitive; empowering an inclusive and motivational approach by working internationally with central, regional and country teams
- A dependable and diligent teammate, with the ability to operate under your own direction and demonstrate high productive capacity
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada