Analyst, Financial Risk Management
About the Team
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently.
About the Role
The Financial Risk Management (FRM) team is responsible for the management and monitoring of financial risk across Uber. It's mandate is to partner with the business to proactively manage risk and maintain an effective and efficient control environment over financial risks, with a particular focus on financial reporting risk and Internal controls over financial reporting.
The Analyst, Financial Risk Management will be focused on coordinating and building a world class financial risk management program, through the strategic design and implementation of a financial controls program to respond to risk across existing and emerging products at Uber (e.g. Delivery, Freight, etc.). The successful applicant will work closely with various product teams and business process owners, Uber's Internal Audit team and External Auditors to manage financial risk by facilitating an effective and efficient control environment. The person will be reporting into FRM Manager - India. The preferred location for this role is Gurgaon (India), however, we are open for Bangalore location as well.
What You'll Do
- Assist in global SOX controls testing for key processes and guidance to internal stakeholders on documentation
- Finalizing annual IFC scope for Uber India, materiality and risk assessment for each year with respect to various finance processes and legal entities. Including changes in business processes, new applications/ tools involved, new regulatory requirements, etc.
- Build and implement SOX control framework for Uber acquired entities. Partner with the stakeholders and helping them identifying financial risk, building financial controls, QC and monitoring of the key controls
- Work with control owners to evaluate, design, develop and implement effective and efficient financial controls
- Work with process owners/business functions to improve the efficiency of the control environment through implementation of automation or process improvement.
- Build and maintain flowcharts, narratives and control documentation for key financial processes
- Build and maintain relationships across Finance and the wider business, Internal Audit, external audit and other external stakeholders to drive effective financial risk management.
- Understand and manage existing and emerging risks through early detection and adopt preventative measures to manage them.
- Work closely with the FRM IT teams to bridge gaps between IT controls and business controls, including automated controls and appropriate system scoping efforts (ITGC).
- Qualified Chartered Accountant/ MBA Finance, preferably from Big 4 Audit Firm
- Minimum 3-5 years of Post Qualification Work Experience
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Chartered Accountant (CA), CIA
- Big 4 accounting firm and/or internet/ startup/technology industry experience in SOX compliance, Audit & Assurance Function, Financial Risk management
- Experience in SOX compliance/business controls testing, Risk Management, or related Audit & Assurance field.
- Working and technical knowledge of Indian Accounting Standards, IFRS (preferred), IFC Reporting, SEC reporting requirements, SOX requirements, etc.
- Experience in SOX testing program, leading Internal Audit/ controls, and compliance assignments for global organizations
- Good knowledge of Business controls and processes
- Working knowledge and experience of Governance, Risk and Control, COSO, and Financial Reporting Requirements
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory requirements & standards of the SOX Act and the Indian Companies Act
- Knowledge of ERP systems and Automated Control Environments
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada