Senior Business Development Associate, Consumer Strategic Partnerships
About the Role
As Uber continues to expand its services and technologies around the world, the Business Development team is looking for a strategic dealmaker to grow our United States & Canada partnerships portfolio!
This role will be heavily focused on partnerships where Uber customers experience our products in real life at marquee venues. Partnerships will have a high concentration in Sports, Entertainment, and other high traffic destinations such as hotels, theme parks, and convention centers. We are seeking a candidate who will be responsible for sourcing and implementing partnerships that support Uber's membership and loyalty programs!
The role is highly cross-functional, as you will collaborate across internal teams including product, finance, compliance, policy, marketing and operations. It is an individual contributor opportunity as a member on an impactful team that will lead partnerships end to end.
What You'll Do:
- Shape and deliver the existing strategic vision and roadmap for high-value consumer partnerships in the Sports, Entertainment & Travel/Hospitality verticals on behalf of our Delivery and Mobility offerings
- Drive the growth of loyalty and membership programs through high-visibility partnerships with major consumer-facing brands
- Source and negotiate deals as well as own responsibility for implementation and post-contract success of the partnership
- Develop and drive consumer strategy in concert with Product, Business Operations, Marketing, Strategy & Planning, and Finance, including opportunity sizing and resource prioritization
- Evaluate strategic partnerships and initiative opportunities by performing a range of quantitative and qualitative analyses. Demonstrate strong quantitative skills by building financial models that unlock the best value for your partnerships. Track, analyze, and communicate key performance metrics to internal and external collaborators
- Envision new ways that strategic partnerships can positively impact core business objectives by applying creativity and business strategy
- Lead strategic and complex negotiations to completion, engaging cross-functional teams and ensuring alignment across teams on deal terms
- Drive post-contract accountability by leading your partner deals through a process that ensures cross-functional alignment and execution. Interface and serve as a point of contact for external counterparts and beyond up to C-level executives, alongside seasoned BD professionals for complex deals and relationships.
- You will be measured by your ability to (1) drive revenue and user growth (2) deliver seamless and magical experiences for our consumers, (3) influence product roadmap for new revenue streams.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3+ years of experience in business development, strategic partnerships, partner management, or similar roles at a technology or media company
- 4-6 years of experience in business development, strategic partnerships, partner management, or similar roles at a technology company or payments company
- An excellent ability to think strategically and analytically about business opportunities, as well as a strong record of driving high-value operationally based partnerships
- A keen sense of responsibility, entrepreneurial drive, and an ability to inspire
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance, and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals
- Strong product instincts and ability to find opportunities for Uber to apply partners' existing and in-development products, as well as the ability to collaborate with Uber's Product, Operations, and Engineering organization to build positive experiences and premiere features for our users
- Ability to work cross functionally, lead priorities and succeed in a highly matrixed organization
- Analytical approach and track record of using data to inform strategy
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Expertise in the industry of Sports, Entertainment, and/or Travel/Hospitality
- Previous experience in Advertising/Media. You understand the values and appropriate use cases for marketing assets across multiple use cases and channels
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada