Sr Product Manager-High Capacity Vehicles (Uber Bus)
About the team
High Capacity Vehicles (HCV) or Uber Bus, is one of Uber's biggest growth bets in mobility. With HCV we plan to bring the 'Uber magic' to the next 100M users giving them access to 'safe, stress-free yet affordable' transportation that many around the world lack.
HCVs are launched in markets in MEA, LatAm, and India; and successfully operating direct-to-consumer and B2B lines of business. Our plan is to expand geographically and use-cases aggressively over the next few years.
About The Role
As a Senior product manager on Uber Bus, you'll be responsible for the strategy. vision and execution of signifcant and critical part of our business, as we progress on our goal of "Bringing magical Bus experience to everyone, everywhere"
By leveraging UXR, data, and intuition you'll help us redefine Bus experiences to surpass user expectations. To get there, you will work closely with Design, Product, Engineering, Data Science, and Product Marketing to build a holistic strategy for changing how users move from A to B. You'll be responsible for helping grow the business, improving user satisfaction, and ensuring we're meeting our business goals.
What You'll Do
- Own one or more of the core areas of HCV product
- Define the long-term product roadmap for your areas.
- You will partner with your cross-functional team (Business, Design, DS, Legal, Engineering, Support) to launch high-quality products
- Lead Leadership level (VP, CXO) communications for your areas
- Help recruit high-quality talent across your partner teams
- Own consumer/client needs discovery through a combination of leading UXR studies and on-ground research across various geographies
- Experience building and leading businesses in India or other relevant emerging markets, including ownership of business performance metrics.
- A technical undergraduate degree and/or equivalent work experience in a high-growth company or startup. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- 5-7+ years of Product experience in delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them-you're extremely proud of what you've accomplished.
- Stellar design instincts and product taste.
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for a great collaboration.
- Grittiness- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data- you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- User-centricity- examples from your past product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your users' problems.
- Passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature
- Willingness to travel to different countries to find out client/consumer needs
- Experience in building 0 to 1 products is preferred.
- Ex-start-up founders
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada