Global Safety Education Lead
About the Role
The Safety Operation team's mission is to make Uber the safest platform for mobility and delivery and to support the safe and sustainable growth of the business. You will join the Global Safety Operations team and play a critical role in setting the company's central strategy for our safety education efforts! Education is a powerful tool to elevate understanding and awareness of our safety policies and features. Education can take many forms from push notifications and blogs/blurbs, to lengthy, interactive training modules. You will lead a singular strategy and brand feel that ensures consistency and stickiness with our audiences, capitalizing on all the different surfaces and interactions we have.
This is the ideal role for someone who has experience building out consumer-centric strategies, who's passionate about our users and their needs, appreciates experimenting and iterating to obtain effective results. This is where creativity meets leadership and execution head on!
This role calls for a combination of deep operational skills to get great work done, the innovation and creative thinking that's required to develop creative solutions, and the emotional intelligence required to lead a fast-paced business and inspire a team of people. You should be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, love solving problems, thrive in a hyper-growth culture, and above all be passionate about the safety of people and the cities in which we operate.
What You'll Do
- Strategy and Planning: You will build a global safety education curriculum that can be adapted and deployed locally. It will include the most impactful safety content that is aligned to our overall brand.
- Measure Success: You will set clear success metrics to ensure focused execution.
- Partner with Experts: Work with external partners and third parties to co-develop educational content based on subject matter expertise and guidance
- Build Internal Relationships: Work with partners across mobility and delivery to deepen business expertise and to effectively represent and bring forward Safety programs and products
- Make Data-driven Decisions: Dive deep into the numbers and make data-driven suggestions for process improvements
- Improve Processes: Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve measurable impact to educational campaigns
- Lead by example: Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans, move fast, be biased toward action
- 6+ years of related experience
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in Education, Education Tech, Sociology, Behavioral Sciences
- Experience in vision setting, planning, setting metrics, and roadmap development
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing findings / takeaways
- Demonstrated decision-making skill. You think critically about all angles of a problem, digging in deeper where needed, and make thoughtful long-term decisions
- Critical thinking. You break down broad problems to create prioritized forward-thinking action plans
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away
- Strong program and project management skills with focus on critical metric setting and tracking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to express complex issues using clear language and able to prioritize while managing multiple priorities.
- Strong storytelling: Distill interesting and hard-to-find insights into a compelling, concise narrative
- Comfortable influencing discussions at the highest levels and a demonstrated ability to find common ground and align cross functional partners and teams with conflicting agendas
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage relationships with partners coming from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Strong judgment, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills
- Understanding of business operations and competing pressures a business leader faces on a day to day basis
- Ability to solve complex business problems that cross multiple product/project areas and teams
- International experience preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada