Sr Strategy & Planning Manager, LatAm - U4B
About the Role
Our Uber for Business Strategy & Planning team is responsible for pushing our thinking beyond the here and now. We are responsible for digging into data, uncovering insights, then developing and socializing a viewpoint on where to play and how to win globally across our breadth of Uber for Business solutions. We are deeply creative, we balance "done" and "perfect", and possess a blend of analytical capabilities, strategic thinking, and emotional intelligence!
This role will partner closely with our U4B LatAm Regional General Manager and Global Director of Strategy & Planning. We're looking for an S&P Senior Associate to join our team to apply a strategic approach to identify, understand, and scope opportunities to grow and optimize our approach to the LatAm region. In this role, you'll be part of and work closely with a cross-functional team spanning Sales, Sales Operations, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Legal, and Risk.
What You'll Do
- Set Our Strategy: Work on a team that defines U4B's short and long term strategy. The team identifies trends and proposes specific actions to tap on opportunities and handle risks.
- Keep Us Accountable: Develop and coordinate the governance and accountability models for the leadership team to ensure that we are on track to achieve our goals and correct course as needed.
- Lead Projects and Programs: Be the glue that brings teams together to ensure critical initiatives reach our partners and customers. Be a hustling multi-tasker, driving cross-functional groups to decisions on strategically significant questions.
- Drive Comms: Ensure right messages, presentations, and forums to capture and cascade strategy and plans. This will include monthly business reviews, board presentations, and strategy documents.
- Fact Find and Uncover Insights: The team uses Uber's rich dataset and external data sources to improve our understanding of our customers and markets to find opportunities and risks that may have a significant impact on the business.
- Build Relationships: The nature of the team implies constant teamwork and interaction with cross-functional partners (e.g., Marketing, Finance, Product, Engineering) to ensure we are bringing all available tools to bear on our toughest problems.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years experience in management consulting, organizational design, corporate strategy, or project management experience in a technology/media company
- 2+ years of experience working with SQL
- Experience in implementing strategic and large scale initiative projects across matrixed organizations, in a change-oriented, and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with different team members to craft processes and implement strategic projects that solve business challenges
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including presentation creation
- Ability to be independent, multi-task, and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment
- Creative problem solving, and strong critical thinking
- Hands-on and attentive to detail
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Self-starter: You will take initiative, be dedicated, set and drive toward goals
- Attention to detail: consistent with swift and high quality execution. We need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Striking that balance can be challenging and this should be a strength of yours.
- Be exceptionally truth-seeking with data, think ambitiously and creatively, communicate frequently and with high quality; then funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada