Sr. Strategic Pricing Associate, Uber Freight
About the Role
Uber Freight is a marketplace built to connect shippers with trucks, much like the way the Uber app connects drivers and riders. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of things around the world. On the Uber Freight team, we fiercely believe that our dedication to transportation technologies will bring more collaborative, highly efficient, and increasingly safer transportation logistics to our roads. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today's toughest challenges in transportation. When we see individuals truly owning their individual success, we succeed as a team.
As a Senior Strategic Pricing Associate, you will be responsible for providing contract pricing and network analyses for Uber Freight's strategic shippers. The ideal candidate will be a strong collaborator, working cross-functionally with sales, account management, and marketplace dynamics teams to develop a cohesive solution for our shippers. We're looking for a passionate problem solver who can draw insights from a wealth of market and historical data, and translate these insights into concrete plans, and own our pricing strategy for the most advanced shippers in the industry.
What You Will Do:
- Demonstrate the ability to provide analytical insights and partner with appropriate stakeholders to pursue growth opportunities and address areas of improvement.
- Provide data-driven pricing recommendations to internal stakeholders based on growth goals, industry trends and competitive landscape shifts.
- Develop executive-level presentations that gain alignment on pricing analysis and display strategic rationale behind potential financial impact.
- Deliver customized pricing strategies to shippers during negotiation processes.
- Perform quarterly assessment of financial impact of pricing strategy versus the actual results.
- Provide insights to the business through analysis of competitive pricing, packaging or bundling strategies and customer buying patterns.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, economics, stats/ mathematics, and/or related field
- SQL expertise and outstanding Excel and Data Management Skills
- Minimum 4 years of consulting, banking, data science, business intelligence, Supply Chain or related experience
- Exceptional critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly root cause issues
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external partners
- Supply Chain or 3PL experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada