Growth Manager, New Verticals
About the Role
The Uber Eats New Vertical Growth team launches and scales growth levers, products, advances key growth bets, and optimizes the journeys of our customers. We are passionate about delivering a world-class experience to customers and contributing to the top-and bottom-line growth of Uber Eats.
This role will focus on growth opportunities and customer success, driving active users, order frequency, and customer lifetime value. You are both highly operational and entrepreneurial, with a strong eye for business, a hands-on approach, and motivated by building the future of mobility.
Success in this role will require being a confident self-starter, applying a data-driven lens to solving challenges in that space, , driving to fast execution and strong collaboration skills with Sales, Merchant Ops, Product Ops and cross functional teams.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward together!
---- What You Will Do ----
- Work hand-in-hand with cross functional teams to help take key growth levers to the next level in New Verticals (Grocery, Alcohol, Convenience), including Acquisition, Early Lifecycle, Engagement & Retention and more.
- Be accountable for the business results and metrics against strategic initiatives and define creative ways to over-deliver vs targets.
- Bring new customers to the UberEats app (Acquisition/Conversion): We've seen rocketship growth to date, but there are still plenty of people in all of our markets that have yet to try New Verticals. You'll identify the segments that represent an opportunity, define the Acquisition & Early Lifecycle strategy.
- Retention: Continue to strengthen and drive customer engagement and customer value. You will use advanced methods to segment customers, understand the right way to engage at the right time with the right offer, discover how to change behaviour and help customers find new ways to benefit from using our app, and ensure they have a great experience throughout their journey.
- Scale and cross functional collaboration: Understanding consumer behaviour, experiment design & measurement, how to ramp small tests into scaled programs and use a growth hacking mindset to generate outsized results. You'll work closely with our Sales, Ops, Marketing, Product, Strategy, Finance team and others, using your expertise to help elevate their efforts to the next level.
- Bring Analytical Horsepower to the team: Lead projects that use Uber's ecosystem of data to develop an in-depth understanding of our customers (compelling 'stories' and synthesized insights) and acquisition / growth funnel performance. Use analytical deep dives to identify opportunity areas and influence leadership and cross-functional partners.
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- At least 2+ years of proven experience in data analytics, operations or strategy
- Strong analytical skills. Experience working with large datasets and using statistics & modeling and analytical methods to analyze these datasets. You just get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to use data to make decisions and drive growth, and have a deep understanding of experimentation
- Experience in a hyper growth environment or company.
- Strong problem solving skills (ability to think proactively to understand, break down, and define sophisticated problems, including the approach and the expected outcome)
- Strong, organised project management & ability to drive projects to completion in a timely manner
- Proficiency in SQL
- Outbound communication copy writing
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada