Product Marketing Manager, New Verticals
About the Role
As an Earner PMM, you will be the voice of the shoppers, delivery people and drivers to product, and the voice of product to these Earners! You will create marketing strategies that flow from understanding your customer, the market and the product. You'll uncover insights and use them to ensure Uber builds customer-obsessed products that help shoppers understand why they want to join Uber to earn, then help them feel prepared and excited to drive with Uber.
As Uber Eats expands beyond restaurants into delivering new verticals (think: grocery, convenience, alcohol and more), we're looking for a marketer to be part of the founding New Verticals marketing team. As the Product Marketing Manager for Earner - New Verticals, you'll be responsible for developing and executing an outstanding marketing strategy for delivery drivers and shoppers. You will work hand in hand with the cross-functional team, including product managers, UXR, operations, design, engineering, brand and regional marketing.
Your job will be to help Uber build, test, and launch global products that ensure we're able to help drivers, couriers and shoppers sign-up and work with Uber. Your primary focus will be to identify user insights and bring product experiences to drivers and shoppers that help deliver on the key value proposition of Uber being the most flexible gig economy company for new verticals. Your scope will cover the full user experience, from consideration, sign-up, and onboarding to their experience actively earning on the platform.
This will require a candidate with deep empathy and optimism for drivers, couriers and shoppers as customers, a data-driven mindset with an ability to dive into complex app engagement data, and the ability to tell great stories that bring our products to life.
What You'll Do
- Own product messaging and develop value propositions, positioning, and go-to-market strategies for Earner related New Verticals products
- Shape product roadmaps by gathering, distilling and delivering user and business insights. Collaborate with UXR, design and market research to conduct user research to inform product development
- Develop and test tailored value props for a number of new and existing features and experiences within the Driver app.
- Lead the global go-to-market strategy, including how we customize messages to light up marketing channels and effectively reach our audiences. Be the conduit between product and marketing teams to execute growth, early retention and re-engagement solutions across all owned and paid channels globally
- Partner with cross-functional teams like Product, Data Science, Operations and Marketing to deliver against the product roadmap through experimentation, pilots and scaled launches.
- 3+ years of experience in Product Marketing
- Bachelor's Degree
- The ability to use data to influence business decisions
- The skill to articulate the essence of products and the value they create by developing a strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy plan
- The willingness and know-how to deeply understand your market, customers and competition to then integrate these insights into your product development and marketing strategies
- An "owner" personality and "can do" attitude: You're a true believer in the work you drive and are biased towards action
- Proven collaboration skills: You know how to engage and mobilize multiple teams to drive execution towards shared goals
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada