Customer Support Specialist, Escalations
Starting June 14, 2021, successful external candidates may receive a one-time sign-on bonus of $500! Apply today to join Uber and ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion.
About the Role
At Uber, we believe that providing the highest quality support is a core feature of our product experience. Customer Support Representatives (CSRs) make magic, turning unhappy users into our most passionate evangelists. CSRs are empathetic and skillful communicators who resolve issues and answer questions for our valued customers. They are always looking for unique and exciting ways to help others, solve problems, and improve future experiences. Due to evolving business needs, CSRs are dynamic and able to quickly pivot to new customer support experiments.
What You'll Do
- Resolve high volume of customer contacts through various support modalities which may include inbound and outbound calls, email, chat, and messaging
- Investigate case details to determine the root cause of issues
- Navigate ambiguity in fringe one-off issues to deliver exceptional outcomes
- Learn and master multiple applications and resources including contact management systems and knowledge bases
- Communicate quickly and effectively to internal and external stakeholders
- Triage and escalate urgent issues in order to drive them to resolution
- Complete thorough documentation and notation on customer contacts and trends
- Provide oversight and coaching to frontline teams to ensure efficiency and quality of response for first touch customer interactions
- Provide feedback to leadership and program teams regarding processes and trends
- Deliver exceptional support experience for multiple or new lines of businesses as needed
- Leverage strong written and verbal communication skills while being mindful of your tone and your pace in order to respond to and exceed customers' expectations
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and outside of a standard 8 am to 5 pm shift
- Customer empathy - You have a deep understanding of the user experience and the ability to resolve customer support requests in thoughtful and creative ways
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - You are an effective communicator and listener, and you adapt easily to varied communication methods
- Collaboration - You value teamwork and contribute to a synergistic work environment where people learn from one another
- Strategic problem solving - You can leverage multiple resources to inform and support critical decisions
- Excellent organization - You effectively prioritize work to target the highest-impact issues first
- Optimism - You are motivated by a challenge, and you approach problems with a positive attitude
- Ability to remain calm under pressure -- You troubleshoot problems and find speedy resolutions in high-pressure, time-sensitive situations
- Desire to learn - You're a highly motivated self-starter with an eagerness to learn and grow, and you are receptive to feedback
- High flexibility - When the only constant is change, you're ready to roll with the punches and pivot quickly from one support experiment to the next which may require you to support different LOB(s), attend new trainings, and shift bid for a new schedule based on business needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, English, or Journalism
- Support experience in a high-volume environment, such as service industries, retail, or hospitality
- Crisis counseling experience
About the Team
Customer Support Representatives on the Escalations team sit within Uber's Center of Excellence (COE) in Chicago, IL. COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to Uber customers (riders, drivers, delivery persons, eaters, restaurants, etc.). Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, as well as to incubate support modalities and processes for new products and services. COEs pioneer how Uber manages support for customers around the globe!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada