Director, DE&I and Talent Development, CLO
About The Role
As Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) and Talent Development, you will work directly with Uber's Chief Legal Officer (CLO) to effectively integrate and operationalize Uber's (and the CLO's) DEI strategy and develop our Legal, Compliance and Security professionals. This new leadership role will be responsible for working with the CLO to set the long-term strategy and define our approach as it relates to diversity and inclusion and career development across the CLO workforce, workplace, and marketplace. This leader will serve as the primary integration leader to ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion and a growth-mindset is embedded in the everyday decision making of our CLO professionals. You will bring thought leadership, deep insights, and critical thinking to the role while partnering with cross-functional leaders such as our HR business partners, our D&I business partners, and Uber's Talent Acquisition team.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic operator and have a progressively responsible leadership track record in fast-paced companies.
What You Will Do
- Lead, inspire and develop Legal, Compliance, and Security professionals in the CLO org to produce measurable results directly tied to Uber's business and people goals.
- Develop and implement diversity and inclusion strategies in partnership with People and CLO leaders as it relates to recruitment, performance management, leadership development, employee engagement and retention.
- Influence better decisions related to people practices and priorities through compelling data, analysis, and recommendations for Uber's business that aligns with the CLO's talent principles.
- Partner with Communications to regularly communicate internal and external diversity and inclusion initiatives, events, and progress.
- Establish governance, budget, and oversight for business-aligned D&I work that impacts Uber's CLO workforce.
- Oversee the CLO's diversity summer internship programs.
- Plan, coordinate and launch new D&I initiatives, and oversee the recruitment of diverse professionals to establish a Central Administrative Support team within the CLO.
- Manage the execution of the initiatives within the CLO D&I Council.
- Partner with the HR and People Analytics teams to develop and analyze metrics for measuring progress.
- A bachelor's degree.
- 12+ years of experience in either Legal, HR, Talent Management, or Diversity and Inclusion
- Previous experience at a law firm or in-house experience (particularly at a technology company) is highly preferred.
- Strategy experience with a proven experience articulating a vision, translating it into executable strategy, and driving cross-functional teams to deliver against the plan.
- Operational experience with a proven track record of facilitating company-level initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with implementing large scale organizational change management.
- Located in SF or NY ideally but other locations will be considered.
Candidates possessing a combination of any of the skills below will receive priority consideration:
- Proven ability to leverage the capabilities of peers and business colleagues, along with both the confidence and humility to effectively influence the CLO's senior leadership team without authority.
- Excellent organizational and writing skills and seasoned in prioritizing multiple projects.
- Communication experience exhibited at all levels within an organization.
- Experience translating data and analytics to develop insights, telling stories, driving decisions, and measuring the impact
- Interpersonal experience with experience developing relationships with peers and leaders across an organization.
- Capacity to be a utility player on cross-functional teams within the organization.
- Ability to appropriately prioritize and balance work-life responsibilities.
- Law degree from an accredited U.S. law school.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber