Software Engineer II - Uber Freight
About the team
Uber Freight connects shippers with truckers, much like the way Uber connects riders and drivers. The Freight team believes that empowering truck drivers will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly safer transportation to our roads. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals bringing technologies, algorithms and lessons from Uber's core business into the $700B U.S. Transportations & Logistics industry. Comprised of Uber veterans and newcomers, we are looking for candidates who share our enthusiasm for disrupting today's toughest challenges in transportation. We are a Customer Obsessed team, and care deeply about our users, continually looking for opportunities to improve their lives.
About the Role
As a Fullstack engineer on the Shipper Experience team at Uber Freight, you will balance your contributions between Frontend and Backend based on your core strengths, ranging from writing client-side code for web applications used across the world to developing scalable backend micro-services to improve Uber's core logistics brokerage experience. At Uber, our teams operate our business through amazing product experiences built specifically to deliver value to customers, whether on the supply or demand side of our market.
You will be partnering with Product Managers, Designers, UXR & Data Scientists to bring Algorithmic solutions to our users. At your disposal will be the tools that helped Uber grow to be a worldwide company, as well as new and upcoming tech from our Compute, Platform and Machine Learning teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience coding using general purpose programming language like C/C++, Java, Python, Go, or C#
- At least two (2) years of software engineering experience
- Experience with HTTP/REST and web technologies like gRPC and Protobufs
- Experience working with and instrumenting web-metrics, monitoring and analytics systems
- Deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms and an ability to use them practically when implementing solutions
- Proven experience with leading projects and mentoring junior engineers
- A phenomenal teammate and owner- willing to take on ownership of the systems, and think about operations, maintenance and reliability of his/her systems
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber