Head of Territory Ops, Central
About the Role
The Head of Operations will be passionate about the success of their territory, doing fast-paced, agile work to drive local metrics and results. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of the West Territory strategy. In doing so, you will lead a team to execute on data-driven initiatives and build scaled processes, as well as flex in whatever ways are needed to address the needs of the territory. You will partner closely with the Strategic Operations, as well as the City Managers, Sellers, and Account Managers to identify and resolve issues and take action on opportunities quickly. You will work closely with StratFin to ensure decisions are made in a financially sounds manner and/or the team is responding to performance shifts that impact the P&L.
What You'll Do
- Develop and lead a team of Eater, Merchant, or Delivery operators
- Set vision and develop strategy around operations and experience within a territory
- Provide input on local business need or how regulation impacts processes or products
- Work with City Managers, Territory Leads, and GMs to help identify, resolve, or magnify issues that relate to sales, geo prioritisation, and account investment and operations
- Voice business needs and opportunities with Strategic Operations leaders
- Evaluate performance against OKRs across the territory
- Plan and manage multi-city or state-wide initiatives
- Lead all aspects of territory-specific processes or campaigns needed in addition to or instead of nationally scaled ones
- Engage cross functional employees to lead or play a role in larger scale projects
- 8+ years of professional work experience in a related field (consulting, operations, strategy, analytics, tech, investment banking)
- Bachelor degree required, graduate degree highly welcome
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven team leadership
- Proven track record of executing sophisticated projects with multiple stakeholders
- Strong experience building and leading teams with varied strengths
- Unparalleled business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish the highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them
- Strong collaboration and partner leadership skills - building deep, trust based relationships with territory and cross functional teams
- Experience with quantitative data analysis, deep measurable insights, modeling, and sophisticated test plan design and analysis
- High energy and motivational leadership driven by personal influence and example with direct staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders in a constantly evolving, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- SQL querying and basic writing abilities
For Colorado-based roles: The salary/hourly rate range for this role is $166,725 per year - $185,250 per year. You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award, commissions, & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber